KY High School Volleyball 2008

STXMAN

Assumption wins in 2008 for the same reasons as 2007.... A school with 1000 girls and the infrastructure / training that they have. They are able to field a team of 20 girls who all play volleyball year 'round at a program the level of KIVA or MAVA. Mercy and Sacred Heart will continue to be the two next best programs in the state because of the club programs and dedication to the sport.

Keep in mind the size advantage that Assumption enjoys over the other private schools. Even Mercy is slightly over half their size.

In NKy I would have to say NewCath will be the best team overall and will win the 10th Region.

As for the 9th Region, I think it'll either be St. Henry or Notre Dame as usual...not sure as to what the better public schools in the 9th Region will be though.

I have to agree with New Cath in the 10th. Coach Mertle loses 1 senior that was not a starter. That's it. Campbell County will be tough again and will be NCC's biggest threat in the 10th.

Notre Dame loses a few seniors, but should be back to almost full strength. I think St. Henry loses 2-3 seniors, but that may be incorrect.