Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1st Region: Week 3

Featured Replies

How about those Murray Tigers!  I definitely thought that they could pull out the win at Calloway, but I never saw a 34-point blowout!  I definitely underestimated this team for this season.  I knew about Maddox Mitchell and Harris Moore, but they have much more than just those two.

Key games this week:

Monday - Carlisle at St. Mary (P-Town Dad's Game of the week), Calloway at Christian Co., Murray at Caldwell Co.

Friday - Tilghman at Ripley (TN)

Saturday - Marshall vs N. Laurel, McCracken vs Boyd Co., Graves vs S. Warren, Mayfield vs O. Catholic

Here are my rankings:

1. McCracken Co. (5-1) - W 80-39 vs Mayfield, L 64-68 Archbishop Alter (OH), 

This team has scoring, shooting, size, depth, lockdown defenders.  Just about everything!  Not so sure about the coaches' hoodies from the Mayfield game though.  The Mustangs will be tested this week when they head to Lexington.

2. Marshall Co. (8-1) - W 75-58 at Murray, W 52-47 vs Caverna

Nice win over Caverna!  Matthew Langhi is now 7th on the Marshals all-time scoring list, and he's just a Junior.  I wonder where his dad is on that list.  The Marshals have a tough test against North Laurel on Saturday.

3. Graves Co. (3-3) - L 44-65 Harding Academy (TN)

Still no losses to Kentucky teams for the Eagles.  I'm interested to see how these guys match up against the Top 2 later in the season.  Their Junior class is pretty impressive - the top five scorers come from that class.

4. Murray (5-2) - L 58-75 vs Marshall, W 71-37 at Calloway

This is a fun team to watch!  Their relentless pressure gave the Lakers fits.  It's past time for me to give some props to Maddox Mitchell.  I think this guy could play at the next level.  He is scoring 18 points per game, and he shoots 41% from three - he makes a ton of those.

5. Calloway Co. (4-4) - W 66-58 vs Tilghman, L 71-37 vs Murray

What is the old saying?  "Live by the three, die by the three."  This team shoots a bunch of them!  On Tuesday night they couldn't miss from downtown as they built a 20-point lead over the Tornado in the first half.  I didn't see the Murray game, but I heard they only made one three in the game.  The Lakers actually get two more shots at the Tigers - the next time is the 2A semifinal in early January.

6. St. Mary (4-3) - W 77-36 vs Crittenden Co., W 71-61 vs Livingston Central

The Vikings got a nice draw in the St. Mary Classic!  Now they face the Comets in the finals on Monday night at 6.  Are you free Monday night?  Head over to the Holy Hardwood for P-Town Dad's Game of the Week.

7. Carlisle Co. (7-2) - W 77-30 vs Fulton City, W 78-47 Trigg Co., W 74-69 Logan County

A nice come-from-behind win over Logan County in the St. Mary Classic semifinals!  The coach's son, Brennan ONeil scored 22 points in this game.  The Comets are looking for revenge against the Vikings on Monday night.

8. Mayfield (2-2) - L 39-80 at McCracken

The Cardinals led the entire 1st quarter and were only five points down at halftime against the Mustangs.  Then the wheels came off.  It seemed like the Mustangs' size overwhelmed Mayfield in the 2nd half.  I noticed that Mayfield's freshman center, Brycen Eubanks, did not play in the McCracken game.  I assume he is out due to injury but I do not have any details.

9. Paducah Tilghman (2-5) - L 58-66 at Calloway, W 81-76 Memphis East

Good win for the Tornado against Memphis East!  They needed that one.  The 2-5 record is not ideal, but I think most of the 1st Region teams would have losses to Henderson, Carbondale, and Apollo.  The Tornado's sophomore point guard, Warren Carruthers, is a player to watch down the road.  He doesn't have much size but his passing and defensive pressure are impressive.

10. Ballard Mem. (2-6) - W 50-38 at Hickman Co., L 41-44 Russelville, L 39-58 Apollo

Ike Miller leads the way for the Bombers in both scoring and rebounding.  He is almost averaging a double-double - 13 ppg and 9 rpg.

11. Christian Fellowship (8-2) - I hear that Elijah Grigg is someone that I need to see play.  He will be up there with the top scorers in the region this season.

12. Hickman Co. (4-4) - Nice win for the Cardinals over Fort Campbell!  Ny Irons is balling out!

13. Fulton Co. (2-5) - Davarious Freeman is leading the way for Fulton County this season.  They have some young talent!

14. Community Christian Acad. (3-7) - The Warriors have some guys who can score, but like a lot of schools this size their depth is unfortunately nonexistent.

15. Fulton City - (0-5) - I think this team will get their first win soon.

Merry Christmas to everyone!  As always - let me know what you think.  I enjoy the feedback - how would you change these rankings?

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.