March Sadness - WKU style

Hilltoppers lose their last 4 and seem to be lost at the time of year you want to be finding the rhythm in full stride. Is the once beloved program on a full on downhill spiral? It has been a decade since WKU has been dancing in March and 14 years since their last regular season conference championship. As a long time fan and supporter of the program it’s been a very disappointing lengthy period of time that I hope is washed away by future success. The out of conference schedule was very weak and inflated the record, and the 8-8 conference play in a very mediocre 9 team league was a stamp on that statement. However our Tops draw the 3 seed in conference tourney action and have the capability to win a couple games and have a chance to do what seems to be forgotten around here. Win the ones that count.

I want to believe Lutz can find some success, in saying that I also want him to go after more local and in state talent, have to build the support to it’s full potential to maximize the results. Community support for the basketball program is rich and has been for a very long time but it’s dying simply because of lack of success and results on the court.

Go tops!