BluegrassPreps.com 1st Region Week 7 Review and Rankings

A little bit of a light week with some COVID reschedulings.  Congrats to Murray Tigers on their winning the 1st Region All A.

1. McCracken Co. (11-1) - W 59-49 Evansville Central

Mon vs Christian Co., Tues vs Carlisle Co., Fri at Tilghman

Brant Brower (coach's son) scored 28 points in the win over Evansville Central.  This team just keeps cruising along.

2. Murray (14-2) - W 87-52 CCA, W 68-32 St. Mary, W 67-40 Mayfield

Tues vs CFS

Good luck to the Tigers in the state All A.  I honestly think they have a decent shot.  It seems like the 1st Region All A was pretty easy for them.  None of the scores seemed very competitive.

3. Paducah Tilghman (10-4) -  W 70-59 vs Graves Co.

Tues at Hopkins Co. Central, Fri vs McCracken Co., Sat Ohio Co.

I talked at length last week about their matchup with the Mustangs, but the game was postponed until this Friday due to Tilghman having COVID issues within their school.  Before that, a very good win over Graves.  Can the Tornado snap the 15-game losing streak against McCracken?  They most definitely will be an underdog.

4. Marshall Co. (10-6) - W 44-26 vs Trigg Co., W at Graves Co. 71-66

Mon at Union Co., Tu vs Fulton City, Fri at Calloway, Sat vs Mayfield

Great win for the Marshalls at Graves in a game that was a continuation of the night the tornadoes struck Western Ky (Dec 10).  Cole Mills is most definitely a 1st Region player of the year candidate.

5. Graves Co. (7-7) - L 59-70 at Tilghman, L 66-71 vs Marshall Co. 

This week - Superman Classic at Massac Co. (IL)

Good luck to the Eagles in the Superman Classic!  They had a tough week this week, but no shame in those losses.  I got a chance to see Drew Thompson this week, and he certainly can light it up.  A pure scorer.

6. Calloway Co. (10-7) - L 57-61 Mason Co. (2A State Tourney)

Mon at CFS, Fri at Marshall Co.

I've said this before, but it is definitely a shame that one of Murray, Marshall, and Calloway will not make the Regional Tourney.  It will be a dogfight between the 2 and 3 seeds in the District Tourney.  The Lakers definitely have the talent to make it out of the district.

7. Mayfield (8-3) - W 58-43 Fulton Co. W 60-51 Carlisle Co. L 40-67 Murray

Tu vs Fulton Co., Fri at CCA, Sat at Marshall Co.

Runner up finish in the All A.  I think this team could move up in the rankings over the next few weeks.

8. Carlisle Co. (9-4) - W 49-39 Ballard Mem., L 51-60 Mayfield

Tu at McCracken, Fri vs Hickman Co., Sat at Ballard Mem.

I think still the clear favorite in the 1st District.  You will see this team in the Regional Tournament.

9. St. Mary (7-9) - W 87-44 Hickman Co., L 23-68 Murray

Mon vs Fulton City, Sat Crittenden Co.

I'm predicting two wins for the Vikings this week.

10. Fulton Co. (5-6) - L 43-58 Mayfield

Tu at Mayfield, Thur at Ballard Mem., Fri vs Fulton City

11. Ballard Mem. (5-10)

12. Christian Fellowship (7-5)

13. CCA (6-9)

14. Hickman Co. (4-10)

15. Fulton City (2-8)