BluegrassPreps.com 1st Region Week 3 Review and Rankings

D Wolf

Somewhat of another light week for the 1st Region with a few programs needing to cancel games after the devastating weather on 12/10.  Hopefully, they can get back to normal sometime soon.  Here are my rankings:

1. McCracken Co. (4-1) - W vs St. Mary 73-46, L at Evansville Reitz 53-59

This week: Action Sports Shootout

Very tough opponent in Evansville Reitz.  I'm already looking forward to the McCracken at Murray game, but it isn't until Valentine's Day.

2. Murray (7-0) - W vs Marshall Co. 46-31, W Calloway Co. 61-48, W Apollo 72-43

This Week: Tues vs Henderson Co.

Two impressive wins by decent margins over the Marshalls and the Lakers.  Murray has established itself as the 4th District favorite for sure.

3. Graves Co. (3-1) - No games for the Eagles this week, and I hope they can get back to it soon.

4. Paducah Tilghman (4-1) - W at CCA 73-32, W vs St. Mary 60-51, W vs Meridian (IL) 88-52

This Week: Wed at North Hardin

The win over Meridian was this program's 2000th in school history.  According to the PT Facebook page - they are only the 2nd program in state history to reach this milestone.

5. Marshall Co. (4-1) - L at Murray 31-46

This week: Northwest Florida Shootout

Tough loss to the Tigers this week, and I expect this team to bounce back quickly.  They are very talented.

6. Carlisle Co. (6-1) - W vs Fulton City 86-49, W at Hickman Co. 61-49, W Ballard Memorial 72-48

This week: St. Mary Christmas Classic

The Comets are the clear favorite in the 1st district.

7. Mayfield (1-0) - My heart goes out to this community.  

8. Calloway Co. (4-3) W Union Co. 78-62, L Murray 48-61, W vs CFS 80-58

This week: Tues at Massac Co., Murray Bank Hardwood Classic

This is a dangerous Lakers team, and I look for them to continue to get quality wins this year.

9. St. Mary (5-4) - L at Tilghman 51-60, L at McCracken 46-73, W vs Ballard Mem. 43-40, W vs Liv Central 73-67

This week: St. Mary Christmas Classic

This team definitely gets the award for the busiest team in the 1st Region!

10. Ballard Memorial (2-6) - W vs Hickman 72-49, L at St. Mary 40-43, L vs Carlisle 48-72

First time I've had the Bombers in my Top 10! Very impressive win against the Falcons.

11. CFS (4-3)

12. Fulton Co. (4-2)

13. Hickman Co. (3-4)

14. Fulton City (2-4)

15. CCA (0-7)

• Like 2