1st Region Semis Preview

I looked back and these four teams were in my Top 5 rankings in all weeks but one, and that was in the middle of the season when the Marshalls were really struggling.  And most weeks these teams were 1 - 4.  I really do expect two very good games Friday night:

Game 1 5:30 Friday: Murray (16-7) vs Paducah Tilghman (18-5) - Both teams had pretty easy games in the quarterfinals.  The Tornado beat Carlisle County 75-45 with Eli Brown scoring 18 points along with Mian Shaw with 15.  The Tigers beat Mayfield 61-46 and Grant Whitaker scored 29 points while C. McCallister had 16.  These teams met back on January 19 in Murray with the Tigers coming out on top 56-52 - I believe the game was close throughout.  I really think this will be a close game, and I keep coming back to the poor performance that Tilghman had in the 2nd District Championship.  So I'll go ahead and take the Tigers in a close one - I think it will depend on which team's scorers show up tomorrow night.

Game 2 8:00 Friday: McCracken County (20-6) vs Marshall County (12-9) - Remember when I said that the Graves vs Marshall game would come down to if the Eagles could contain Zion Harmon.  Well he scored 37 points on only 19 shots (5/9 from three and six rebounds).  This game pits the two best players in Region 1 against each other - Harmon and Noah Dumas.  They are 1A and 1B in my book.  Harmon is most definitely the better scorer of the two, but Dumas does so many different things for the Mustangs.  I sometimes am a broken record, but remember that the Mustangs are so far undefeated in 1st Region play, and that's the reason that I give the slight edge to McCracken.  No matter the matchup of Harmon vs Dumas - I think that the Mustangs have the better supporting cast.  But once again - if McCracken can't somewhat contain Harmon then the Marshalls definitely have a good chance of getting to the 1st Region title game.

Should be two very good games - hope yall can make it out!