Simon Kenton 81 Lloyd Memorial 64

Looking to bounce back from last night’s poor showing against Campbell County, the Simon Kenton Pioneers took on the visiting Lloyd Juggernauts in a mostly close affair that got away from the Juggs late. 

Even in their loss I’m fascinated by this never-say-die Lloyd team that plays with great determination and hustle. I saw better shooting in them tonight than what I saw in their game against St. Henry, and feel that I should note this after having stated in the past that I didn’t think that they had any shooters. They do in Jr guard Ryan Davis, Sr. Guard Zaire Monroe who can both knock down the 3, and Sr. guard Dameion Mitchell who has a pretty efficient nifty little mid-range jumper.  

The first quarter saw both teams trading baskets with it ending knotted 22 all. 

Not as much scoring in the 2nd quarter but still things stayed close seeing a halftime score with SK on top 36-34. 

The 3rd period was still looking like a nice close game up until about the 4:00 minute mark when the Pioneers began widening the gap, and then things started really going south for the Juggs in the 4th. Kelly Niece got his as always ending the night with 29 and ultimately Simon Kenton prevailed in this mostly decently competitive game that got away late 81-64.