St. Henry 75 Lloyd 51

When one sees the final score of this Crusader 34th district win over the visiting Lloyd Juggernauts they might be inclined to think “eenh...not worth my time”, or “No surprise”.  I might’ve thought that too if I hadn’t watched it. 

This might’ve been one of the most interesting lopsided affairs that I’ve ever seen. This might have also been the fastest, most frantic paced high school game that I have ever witnessed. Forget the score, neither one of these teams let off the pedal for the entire game. 

Lloyd could easily have packed it in early, but they played down by a bunch like they had intended on winning, and while we all know that St. Henry is an incredible team this season, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen them play a full game like this with such intensity. If they play like this, start to finish against all their opponents this season, they might be even better than we thought. 

One thing I noticed about big man Cody Teeten tonight is that while he’s definitely more confident, more mature, and much improved; tonight it looked like the beast was unleashed. Holy Crap if he continues to play like this, WATCH OUT! With that said, the entire Crusader squad was dynamite and on their game tonight. 

Lloyd is one of those teams every year that just seems to fall through the cracks, and gets overlooked, but what they lack in having any true outside shooters this season, they make up with their quick speed, and lightning fast passing. From what I observed their two standouts would be their Sr. guard Dameion Mitchell, and their Jr. forward/guard Garret Vogelpohl, with the later being able to get to the rim at will.  With St. Henry, and Dixie standing in their way, they won’t likely make it out of the district this season, but with their quickness they’re sure going to keep a lot of teams on their toes. They sure gave the refs a workout this evening. 

• Like 1