Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross v Holmes 9/29 Predictions

Holy Cross v Holmes 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Holy Cross v Holmes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

District Seeding Game at Tom Ellis Field on Tuesday night! Holy Cross and Holmes met earlier this season with HC winning 3-1. Will this game be different?

 

Who wins this game and why?

I'm going to go with the underdogs in the one - Holmes. Only because it's being played at their place, and they seem to have momentum going into this game on a 2 game winning streak. I can see a big game out of their keeper, he's stepped up for their team. If Holmes comes ready to play like they have been, they'll win this game 2-1.

 

But I'd say HC is the favorite to win.

What does the outcome of this game do for the first round of District 35?

 

The only District games in the book as of 9/26;

Beechwood beat Holmes

CCH beat Holmes

  • Author
What does the outcome of this game do for the first round of District 35?

 

The only District games in the book as of 9/26;

Beechwood beat Holmes

CCH beat Holmes

 

For Holmes this is a MUST win game if they want to avoid CCH in the first round of the district tournament! & hope for beechwood to beat HC when they play on the 1st I believe.

 

The district seeding could be interesting depending on the out comes of the upcoming games in the two weeks.

 

Holmes v HC - 9/29

HC v Beechwood - 10/1

Holmes v CovLat - 10/6

Beechwood v CovLat 10/9

 

HC already beat CovLat on Spetember 3rd 6-0

For Holmes this is a MUST win game if they want to avoid CCH in the first round of the district tournament! & hope for beechwood to beat HC when they play on the 1st I believe.

 

Holmes v HC - 9/29

HC v Beechwood - 10/1

Holmes v CovLat - 10/6

Beechwood v CovLat 10/9

 

HC already beat CovLat on Spetember 3rd 6-0

 

Yes, for Holmes to move out of the 4 or 5 seed for the district, they will need HC to lose to them and Beechwood. I think HC will be more than ready for this game because if not, I do not know if they will able to handle Beechwood 2 days later. The reason I say this is that HC has 3 games in that 3 day stretch between 9/29 & 10/1. They have Owen County on 10/1 and since HC doesn't have a deep bench, that third game against Beechwood could be tough. They barely beat Beechwood the first time they played this year (3-2) and this was the first game that Moses was eligible to play.

 

You don't want to finish in the 4 or 5 seed spot or else you will be playing CCH just to reach the district finals.

So there is a chance it could be a Beechwood or Holmes Vs CCH District 35 final? Would this be the very first time either Beechwood or Holmes have reached a boys Regional tournament in soccer?

  • Author
So there is a chance it could be a Beechwood or Holmes Vs CCH District 35 final? Would this be the very first time either Beechwood or Holmes have reached a boys Regional tournament in soccer?

Yes, there is a chance! But both teams need to beat HC for that to happen! It would be beechwoods first regional appearance, but not Holmes! It'll be Holmes first time since like late 1990's? Maybe. I know it's been longer than 15 years.

I think Holmes can pull it off! As the poll states above - their obviously the underdog. That should spark a fire for the Bulldogs.

 

I'd love to see an "upset"

  • Author
I think Holmes can pull it off! As the poll states above - their obviously the underdog. That should spark a fire for the Bulldogs.

 

I'd love to see an "upset"

 

I agree, Holmes can come out with a win, as long as they bring their game. But with them you never know what team is going to show up. Should be an interesting game on Tueaday night!

Holy Cross is a good team - they're recently coming off a win against NCC. Even though people seem to say NCC seems to be "down" it's still a quality win for the Indians.

 

This game is just as important as it is for Holmes for Holy Cross. No one wants to play CCH in the first round.

 

Holmes on the other hand, their a team where you never know what team they're gonna have. They can be good then they have their games when they look sloppy, and unorganized. But they're on a two game winning streak, which may give them some momentum going into Tuesday nights match up.

 

Their team is better than what their record shows.

 

 

With that being said.. I personally see this game going either way. They played earlier this season with HC winning 3-1. I say this game is a coin toss IMO.

 

Best of luck to both teams!

Tonight's game 9/29 has been cancelled per the KHSAA website.

 

When will this be made up since it is for district seeding?

Tonight's game 9/29 has been cancelled per the KHSAA website

 

When will this be made up since it is for district seeding?

 

 

Not rescheduling from what I heard. Holmes is count the previous loss to Holy Cross in the Calvary Christian tournament.

Not rescheduling from what I heard. Holmes is count the previous loss to Holy Cross in the Calvary Christian tournament.

 

I also heard this and Holmes actually decided so prior to HC beating Beechwood on Thursday night. So they basically locked themselves into the 4/5 seed match for districts. I could understand not playing the game after HC beat Beechwood but if they conceded it before hand, that is sad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.