Conner 3 Simon Kenton 0

Connor is off to a good start. I was going to say that they may come into October 5th matchup with CCH as undefeated but I'm guessing that St. Henry will knock them off before that but you never know. Pretty good core of players with the three mentioned.

Solid core of players. Doesn't hurt having an all senior starting line up. The "this is it" mentality.

Wend wasn't nearly a threat as he was in Soccerama and Conner plays rather direct. Against a solid defense this will limit their opportunities, but it's working for them now.

SK looked to be the better team but can't find the back of the net. Similar game to Boone, but there was no let down in intensity the 2nd half. Soccer God's are not on their side at this point in the season.

I would argue the statement of SK looking to be the better team. Between Soccerama and last night it is Conner 7 - Simon Kenton 1, with the 1 being an own goal. I'm not crazy about Conner's style of play, but there was definitely more talent on the Conner side. I would say that SK showed significant improvement from the first matchup.

Long balls to the Forwards versus possession. In my opinion watching a Conner game can be deceiving. I'm sure SK dominated in time of possesion, but that did not turn into more scoring opportunities. With SK controlling the ball more you might think they played better, but Conner does not have to be successful with a high percentage of their long balls to put together good scoring opportunities. Their goals last night were on a corner and two from fouls that were all created by long balls.

I agree and I think that is why Conner has struggled with the good teams in the past, although Wend and Parsons up top are significantly better than they have had in the past. With 16 seniors, 10 returning starters and 7 starting varsity since their sophomore year, I feel this is the most talent they have had in a while. They have the ability to play possession, its just not what they choose to do.