Madisonville North (Preview)

webster

Madisonville North broke their single season record with 33-6 record. North won region for the first time in over a decade. North was a very young team with no seniors and only one junior last year. We all knew we would have a good chance to win regionals but was concerned on how we would replace Adarian Gray at third base that tore her ACL during basketball. Adarian led the Maroons the prior year in almost every offensive & defensive stats. Madisonville shattered the state’s HR run record finishing with 53HR. North finished tied for 5th at KHSAA state tournament.

The 2015 returns all their starters and gets back to what could be one of the best third baseman in the state in Adarian Gray

Returning Starters

Seniors – Heather Webb

Juniors- Morgan McElroy, Allison Davis, Hailey Rodgers, Adarian Gray(missed 2014 due to torn ACL)

Sophomore- Kaylee Tow, Mallory Peyton, Whitney Bean, Ryleigh Oldham

Freshman-Lexi Miller.

Sr. Heather Webb P/OF/IF (.376 AVG, 44H, 25R, 42RBI, 6 2B,13 HR, 14-3 Record, 1.451ERA, 103K, 101.1IP) – University of Toledo signee Heather Webb will be in the cleanup spot with 13HR and will gain protection behind her with the return of Adarian. She will also get the ball when North faces top teams in the state but will share the circle with 3 others.

Jr. Morgan McElroy SS (.311 AVG, 37H, 26R, 19RBI, 5 2B,14HBP) – Western Kentucky signee will play SS.

Jr. Hailey Rodgers 1B (.373AVG, 38H, 43R, 26RBI, 13 2B) –Will start at 1st

Jr. Allison Davis LF (.288 AVG, 32H, 24R, 16RBI, 5 2B) – Morehead State signee will return to OF after moving to 2B last year due to injury to Adarian.

Jr. Adarian Gray 3B (.288 AVG, 32H, 24R, 16RBI, 5 2B) –Hasn’t committed to any schools yet but has a couple of offers to play D1.

So. Kaylee Tow CF (.525AVG, 62H, 64R, 45RBI, 17HR, 13 2B, 4 3B.) –University of Alabama signee had breakout year. Couple of big game winning HR’s first game against Livingston County in regional championship and 2nd against Ashland in state tournament.

So. Mallory Peyton 2B (.512AVG, 62H, 51R, 69RBI, 18HR, 22 2B, 9-3 Record, 2.193ERA, 40K, 83IP) – University of Kentucky signee will move back to 2B after moving to 3B last year. She will also see time in the circle against the ranked teams when Webb doesn’t pitch.

So.. Whitney Bean C (.434AVG, 49H, 18R, 28RBI, 15 2B) – Most improved player from last year team. Solid behind the plate an had a breakout year at the plate. Hasn’t committed yet but have few interested.

So Ryleigh Oldham RF (.220AVG, 20H, 19R, 18RBI)-Played most of the year with and injury hoping to see her return to previous year production

There are 4 who will be vying for varsity time:

FR:OF- Lexi Miller-Started last year with injury to Adarian

FR:P/OF-Acacia Gray

8th:P/OF-Courtney Patterson

8th:IF/OF-Bailey Woodward

Sr. Heather Webb P/OF/IF (.376 AVG, 44H, 25R, 42RBI, 6 2B,13 HR, 14-3 Record, 1.451ERA, 103K, 101.1IP)

So. Kaylee Tow CF (.525AVG, 62H, 64R, 45RBI, 17HR, 13 2B, 4 3B.)

So. Mallory Peyton 2B (.512AVG, 62H, 51R, 69RBI, 18HR, 22 2B, 9-3 Record, 2.193ERA, 40K, 83IP

Those are just crazy numbers. :scared: Congrats to these young ladies.

I figure that most schools would feel lucky to have at least one girl committed enough to go beyond high school and achieve to get on a college team. I want to know what's in the water. That's flat out awesome to have that many individuals getting to go to college to play ball. It sounds like individually their great but you don't get that far into a season without being a team. Big thumbs up to not only the young ladies and all that support them, but also to Madisonville North's program.

I figure that most schools would feel lucky to have at least one girl committed enough to go beyond high school and achieve to get on a college team. I want to know what's in the water. That's flat out awesome to have that many individuals getting to go to college to play ball. It sounds like individually their great but you don't get that far into a season without being a team. Big thumbs up to not only the young ladies and all that support them, but also to Madisonville North's program.

well said.

All of these girls have been playing travelball since they were 8U. I had Hopkins County Hornets until 14U then my girls have went to Louisville Sluggers, TPS Premier, Southern Force, TN Fury & TN Illusions. (Webb, Gray, Rodgers, McElroy).

Shannon Peyton started Hopkins County Heat since they were 8U until they combined with Stunners to become TPS Premier and now Southern Force. Other players for TN Illusions & Louisville Sluggers. (Tow, Peyton, Davis, Bean, Oldham, Miller, Gray).

Most of these girls have been getting some type of varsity time since they were 6th graders.

High school head coach was handed very talented group of girls.

• 4 weeks later...

This team is my pick to be in the Final Game in 2015. I think them and Woodford have the best chance to get to the finals. This is a really nice team and they have some great players. Can we get some of these girls families to move up towards Shelby County. Lol! This team is fun to watch.