Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches poll question

Featured Replies

Why are the coaches polls for NKY, why are they not voted on as a region? I would think ranking NKY is really just for bragging rights?

Why are the coaches polls for NKY, why are they not voted on as a region? I would think ranking NKY is really just for bragging rights?

Wouldn't ranking by Region also be for bragging rights?

 

 

I think it is for all of NKY because that is who the newspaper is marketed towards?

  • Author

Yes, but everyone is trying to win the region. I just thought some people might not follow some if the NKY teams that are in another region.

Why are the coaches polls for NKY, why are they not voted on as a region? I would think ranking NKY is really just for bragging rights?

 

Here is what I was told, I assume it is still the same.....

 

Several years ago, the Northern Kentucky Girls Basketball Coaches Association was formed. (NKGBCA) This association of coaches is who votes and makes up the "coaches poll". The association is made up of coaches from 3 regions (8, 9, 10), and two conferences (NKAC and NCKC).

 

It's goal is not to give bragging rights....From what I understood, one of the major motivations for coaches across the different regions within NKY to join together as one association was for promoting girls basketball as a hole in the area, and mostly, to help promote and recognize its players in NKY.

 

It's not a bad thing. Sometimes people cry a little because their child's team isn't "ranked" high enough in the poll they vote in, but all in all, I would say that the association does accomplish some things toward their goal.

 

I assume that the relationships and efforts of the NKGBCA assist quit as bit in getting and aiding in press coverage. They also have a very nice banquet at the end of season giving awards to players within the association.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.