Simon Kenton at Shelby County tonight (Predictions - Results)

What will be the outcome of this big 8th region game tonight??

Welcome to BGP.

I don't know if SK will be rebuilding this year,or reloading. There is more experience coming back than what most casual observers recognize, but even those kids will be in bigger roles than what they have been in the past. Much better passing team and more offensive weapons, but I think this team may not be as good defensively as the past couple of teams have been.

I think the winner is the team that controls the tempo. Not too many teams will want to run with SK, and not too many teams will want to go half court with Shelby. If the winner scores in the 70's, SK will win, if the winner scores in the 50's, Shelby will win.

If I didn't have a more important game to be at tonight, I would be at this one. Should be a good game. Earlier in the year, before practices and scrimmages, I would have picked Shelby. Not so sure now. Simon will have some size to match up with Shelby and I think will have a speed advantage over Shelby. I will not be surprised if SK comes away with this one.

Welcome to BGP.

I don't know if SK will be rebuilding this year,or reloading. There is more experience coming back than what most casual observers recognize, but even those kids will be in bigger roles than what they have been in the past. Much better passing team and more offensive weapons, but I think this team may not be as good defensively as the past couple of teams have been.

I think the winner is the team that controls the tempo. Not too many teams will want to run with SK, and not too many teams will want to go half court with Shelby. If the winner scores in the 70's, SK will win, if the winner scores in the 50's, Shelby will win.

First bold. Probably not much thinking required on this one...they are not, at this point, the same defensively.

Second bold. If SK's depth is proven to be a question mark, then there may be more teams than one might think that will try to press, run and quicken the pace. Especially when a younger line up is on the floor. For this game though, I agree with you. It would not be in Shelby's interest to run with SK.

First bold. Probably not much thinking required on this one...they are not, at this point, the same defensively.

Second bold. If SK's depth is proven to be a question mark, then there may be more teams than one might think that will try to press, run and quicken the pace. Especially when a younger line up is on the floor. For this game though, I agree with you. It would not be in Shelby's interest to run with SK.

I don't believe depth will be an issue for SK. You may have attended scrimmages that took place before the volleyball and soccer players were done.

After watching both teams play in the preseason, I like SK to win in a close one. Shelby has really good size but look for Ally Niece to make a solid 8th region first impression tonight. I don't think Shelby has anyone that can stop her.

I don't believe depth will be an issue for SK. You may have attended scrimmages that took place before the volleyball and soccer players were done.

It is why I said the word proven. It could be...it may not be. Time and some games will tell. I personally think it will be for at least the first half of the season until a couple of freshmen off the bench get comfortable, get some confidence, and get used to varsity size and speed.

It is why I said the word proven. It could be...it may not be. Time and some games will tell. I personally think it will be for at least the first half of the season until a couple of freshmen off the bench get comfortable, get some confidence, and get used to varsity size and speed.

You may right. It may take a month or so to develop that depth.