Cooper 2 Dixie Heights 0 (boys)

Dixie keeper had a very nice game. Cooper defenitely had many more shots on goal. Not a thing of beauty, but it was nice to see Cooper persevere and get the win while not playing their best. Logan Williams gets his second shutout.

The Red Card is actually one of the calls that I feel he got right.

It was not as hard a foul as some of the ones he let go but this was a clear scoring chance just inside the 6 yd line, goalie had come out of the goal, and the foul was from behind... from where I was, it did not look like he made a clear attempt to play the ball either.

There was for sure confusion on the field in that moment but the kid did get a hit on the ball. He's a strong defender but not a ruthless player.

Coopers coach who was right there on that end and said it was not a good call.

This kid hadn't had a yellow the entire night either

The refs were terrible the entire night in my opinion

I agree that the refs were bad, I did not notice any confusion, the call was made right away.

Regardless of it being a good, or bad, call... I am not sure how him not being a ruthless player, or not having a yellow the entire night plays into this. This makes it sound like the call would have been OK if he was ruthless or already had a yellow.

No that's not what I was implying just saying he had a clean game up until the point.

Confusion not the right word I guess action would have been better there was a lot going on leading up to that play

Coops goalie had some gorgeous saves by the way! Props to that kid!!

By defenition of the rule, it seemed to be the correct call from my vantage point. I don't feel like the kid did anything overtly malicious. In a close game such as it was and time running out, those things can happen.

I am in no way saying that the play was dirty, but preventing a clear scoring opportunity, by fouling, at point blank range could warrant a red card.

I agree with you, it looked like he was going for the ball, but it looked like he went through the Cooper player at the same time. If he is the last defender, I think it makes the call fairly easy to make, from the angle I had, it appeared the goalie was not between the Cooper player and the goal at the time the foul was called.