Ryle 5 Beechwood 4 (JV Championship)

Surprised this one hasn't gotten its own thread. I gave a brief re-cap in the "JV Tournament" thread. The short version is that Ryle won in the bottom of the 7th on a walk-off double as Ryle's runner on 1B came all the way around to score. This was a well-played and very exciting ballgame between two very good teams. Great fan turnout at Dixie, who did a great job as host, btw. I'm sure Beechwood fans and players left quite disappointed, but they had a great season, played a great game, and are a team filled with some outstanding talent. We look forward to meeting them in the finals again next year! :thumb:

As for Ryle, what a season! Tied the school JV record with 26 wins and had an overall record of 26-6, including winning a very tough mid-season tourney down at Lexington Dunbar against some top-flight competition. Most people in the Ryle baseball community already know who I am, but I was privileged to be associated with this team this past season. What an incredible group of young men. It wasn't really their talent that impressed me - and that's not to say they are not talented bunch, as they most certainly are - it was how hard they worked, how coachable they were, and how well they supported one another. Not a punk or prima-donna amongst them. I was especially impressed with some of the players who did not get as much playing time as the others - they accepted the importance of their role, supported their teammates, and did their job when their name was called. It was an outstanding season from beginning to end and I enjoyed being part of it. Best of luck to those players that have ended their JV career and will be moving on to bigger and better things and look forward to seeing some of them return again next year.

Surprised this one hasn't gotten its own thread. I gave a brief re-cap in the "JV Tournament" thread. The short version is that Ryle won in the bottom of the 7th on a walk-off double as Ryle's runner on 1B came all the way around to score. This was a well-played and very exciting ballgame between two very good teams. Great fan turnout at Dixie, who did a great job as host, btw. I'm sure Beechwood fans and players left quite disappointed, but they had a great season, played a great game, and are a team filled with some outstanding talent. We look forward to meeting them in the finals again next year! :thumb:

As for Ryle, what a season! Tied the school JV record with 26 wins and had an overall record of 26-6, including winning a very tough mid-season tourney down at Lexington Dunbar against some top-flight competition. Most people in the Ryle baseball community already know who I am, but I was privileged to be associated with this team this past season. What an incredible group of young men. It wasn't really their talent that impressed me - and that's not to say they are not talented bunch, as they most certainly are - it was how hard they worked, how coachable they were, and how well they supported one another. Not a punk or prima-donna amongst them. I was especially impressed with some of the players who did not get as much playing time as the others - they accepted the importance of their role, supported their teammates, and did their job when their name was called. It was an outstanding season from beginning to end and I enjoyed being part of it. Best of luck to those players that have ended their JV career and will be moving on to bigger and better things and look forward to seeing some of them return again next year.

Who were the pitchers?