Changes in 9th Region schedule today

The Conner-Highlands game has been moved to tonight at Dixie at 7 p.m. due to the heat.

Tonight's two games are still scheduled to be played at Florence Freedom Stadium at their regular times:

Holy Cross vs. Ryle at 6 p.m.

NewCath vs. St. Henry at 8:30 p.m.

Heat index on the field hit 99 at 11:45 a.m. I can't see any way the 6 p.m. game starts on time. The field supposed hit 140 degrees during the day yesterday.

- Richard Skinner

At the end of the Tri-state Internet Sports Radio podcast ("pregame show" for Conner/Highlands game), after the Conner/Highlands game was postponed, the announcer said the Ryle/Holy Cross game was still scheduled for 6:00 at FF - but with the 140 degree reading just mentioned, that might not start on time. But the announcer also said the Conner/Highlands game would STAY at FF and play after the Ryle/Holy Cross game AND that the NewCath/St Henry game would move to Dixie and be played at 7:30 tonight. I don't know about you, but I'm confused :idunno:

I honestly don't know, but how in the heck is that field going to cool down by six tonight when the current temps per the NWS is

Partly Cloudy

90 °F

(32 °C) [TABLE]

[TR=bgcolor: #b0c4de]

[TD]Humidity:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]52 %[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #ffefd5]

[TD]Wind Speed:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]SW 13 MPH[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Barometer:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]29.92" (1011.8 mb)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Dewpoint:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]70 °F (21 °C)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Heat Index:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]95 °F (35 °C)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Visibility:

[/TD]

[TD=align: right]8.00 mi.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Note the Heat index and that as Double Duce has mentioned in another tread is taken in the shade and not on a turf feidl

My guess and it's only a guess, is that if they play at all, it won't be until 8pm (1st game at FF). Think back to when Friday night Football games started in August!

I just got word it is pushed back to 630 as of now.

Yep that additional 1/2 hour will surely see it cooler.

I mean it's down a whole degree and also down a whole heat index degree from 4pm to 5pm and again remember those are from the NWS in the shade and not on a turf field.

Partly Cloudy

89 °F

(32 °C) [TABLE]

[TD]Humidity:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]52 %[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Wind Speed:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]SW 7 MPH[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Barometer:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]29.91" (1011.5 mb)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Dewpoint:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]69 °F (21 °C)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Heat Index:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]94 °F (34 °C)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Visibility:[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7.00 mi.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Get some sleep now NCC and St. Henry, it's going to be a long wait at FF tonight!

At the end of the Tri-state Internet Sports Radio podcast ("pregame show" for Conner/Highlands game), after the Conner/Highlands game was postponed, the announcer said the Ryle/Holy Cross game was still scheduled for 6:00 at FF - but with the 140 degree reading just mentioned, that might not start on time. But the announcer also said the Conner/Highlands game would STAY at FF and play after the Ryle/Holy Cross game AND that the NewCath/St Henry game would move to Dixie and be played at 7:30 tonight. I don't know about you, but I'm confused :idunno:

That was the word in the press box before we closed off the broadcast. We went down on the field while the final decision was made. Sorry for any confusion.

I honestly didn't think it felt all that bad in the stadium and didn't see any players act as though the heat was bothering them (I was sitting in second row near Ryle dugout). I'd say the push back to 6:30 start time was a good decision and very successful.