Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dad Strikes Back After His Daughter's FB Post

Featured Replies

I also believe he is nuts. There are much better ways to discipline your child. Why would any parent want to humiliate his child for not only all her friends to see, but millions of others as well. I wouldn't be shocked if this story has a tragic ending.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

So here's how Dad found the post.

 

FB has a privacy setting that the daughter had set to block "family." She forgot that the family had set up the family dog with it's own FB page. She never marked the dog as "family." So when the parents went to load some funny dog pictures on the dog's page they then saw the post.

I don't think there was anything wrong with what the dad did at all...Good for him!!

She posts her immature, emotional rants on the internet. I wonder where she got that from. :lol:

She posts her immature, emotional rants on the internet. I wonder where she got that from. :lol:

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say from her Pops....:D

She has to pay him back for the bullets. It's all good.

 

The problem is that you don't know whether you will be able to replace them after she gets the money together. :D

I also believe he is nuts. There are much better ways to discipline your child. Why would any parent want to humiliate his child for not only all her friends to see, but millions of others as well. I wouldn't be shocked if this story has a tragic ending.

 

That's my only real problem with this. When situations warranted, I embarrassed my kids in front of their friends, such as showing up and removing them from places they were forbidden to be at and suddenly appearing at places they were supposed to be. However, I would have never aired the family dirty laundry in public like he did. Not for her sake, for the rest of the family. While I've told acquaintances about episodes similar to this years later, I would never broadcast it on facebook.

Okay, I love the idea. The dad has some great points and I'm sure his daughter was/is being an immature little brat. I thought the dad handled the situation alright for the first 7 minutes and thirty seconds. After that, I feel like he made himself look like a giant whack job. I mean come on, you're going to make her pay for the bullets too?:lol: I'm glad that I saw this though.

I definitely think he overreacted with shooting the laptop. I think selling it or donating it would have been a better idea. For the sake of a youtube video, though, it was kind of cool.

I have mixed feelings. I can appreciate what the father did & obviously it makes great entertainment.

 

With that said, it did not do anything to address the bigger issue, nor did it help their relationship at all. Although the daughter's post was immature, the father's video was even moreso.

I say Good for Dad. She obviously is a handfull as he mentioned that she had just gotten her computer back after a three month punishment from a similar incident. She did not learn her leasson , so the father told her if it happened again it would be an even more severe punishment. Well, I just hope this one is severe enough. GO DADDY.:D

Wonder what the age of the posters are on here that "liked it" vs the ones that "didn't like it" and if they have any teenaged kids?

Wonder what the age of the posters are on here that "liked it" vs the ones that "didn't like it" and if they have any teenaged kids?

 

37. Three teenage kids and a 12 year old. Liked it.

 

Shooting the laptop was over the top but I am not against a by any means necessary attitude to get a teenage kid's attention as long as there isn't any violence involved. The death of the laptop made for great video and if this was a real situation then I will say he made his point clear before he shot the laptop. He seemed hellbent on shooting it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.