Who's the team to beat in the mountains in 06

Rock Boss

I think the 3 best teams in the Mountains next year will be Bell, Rock, and Belfry. I would love to see Belfry play Bell or Rock. I think that would make for a great matchup. All 3 play very physical smash mouth football. Bell has A LOT of talent coming up, but I understand Rock returns a lot too.

Id love to see that to. But they arent scheduled this year. I think this year would be a great year for them to play. Belfry does play at Ashland though this year. That should make for a great ball game. I always like to see Bell and ROck both be sucessful they are programs like Belfry with class, tradition, and old school football.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to see that to. But they arent scheduled this year. I think this year would be a great year for them to play. Belfry does play at Ashland though this year. That should make for a great ball game. I always like to see Bell and ROck both be sucessful they are programs like Belfry with class, tradition, and old school football.
Could you post Belfrys schedule?

I think 1A will boil down to a dog fight between Somerset, Lynn Camp, and Williamsburg. Somerset reutrns what may be the finest young receiver in the state in Coles, Lynn Camp has Rosskoph returning with an experienced line, and Williamsburg was junior laden last yerar with not alot of experience. Those juniors led by Frazier, Hamlin, and Root, are more seasoned and should put up a good fight.

Bell County and Belfry especially play very similarly running the football as much as both coaches can get away with and play great defenses. Also the 2 head coaches are outstanding! Both are right there climbing the list for all time wins.

This would be a wonderful series to start up!

I agree, they should challange for a district title also. But youth may catch up to them in big games. But I believe if you have big name talents like Ryan Howard and Brian Hubbard on the field, anything can happen in Hyden.

I think it will take more than two people no matter the talent to have a successfull season

I think it will take more than two people no matter the talent to have a successfull season

Yeah it takes more than two people but those two boys with their hearts will carry Leslie this season, let's just hope their experience will rub off on the younger guys coming into their respective positions, or it will be a long year for Leslie.

I think 1A will boil down to a dog fight between Somerset, Lynn Camp, and Williamsburg. Somerset reutrns what may be the finest young receiver in the state in Coles, Lynn Camp has Rosskoph returning with an experienced line, and Williamsburg was junior laden last yerar with not alot of experience. Those juniors led by Frazier, Hamlin, and Root, are more seasoned and should put up a good fight.

Paintsville and Pikeville will be there to.

How does Ashland look for next year? I know that they graduated a boat load, but what do they have returning.

Ashland has enough coming back to were they should be the pick to win the District agian. I know the Ashland Daily will for sure pick them but I think Johnson Central might have something to say about it.

rockcastle could possibly be looking at an undefeated record going into the semi's

Dont count your chickens before they hatch! Rockcastle will have a tough Bell Co team in their way. Rock has had their number the last few years.... but its always a battle.... and you never know who is gonna come out on top!

Could you post Belfrys schedule?

Belfry's schedule looks like this

Newport Cath.- Pike county Bowl

Ashland- away

Lawrence country- away

East Ridge- home

Magoffin country- home

Pikeville- away

Pike Central- home

Prestonsburg- home

Sheldon Clark- away

OPEN