Things that will change really soon

jahearme

If the KHSAA has no control over them then why should the be allowed to be members? :sssh:

You walked right into that one...

By elimnating financial aid you are elimnating on of the Catholic schools main missions. Which in turn would call for Catholic schools to leave anyway.

Does anybody know why Somerset is so involved in this process? They aren't even close to winning anything and don't lose kids so why are they one of if not the biggest ringleaders in this whole debate? What is the story behind them being so bent out of shape? If you can't post then PM me. Is Somerset an Independant school?

Apparantly in basketball (which Wilson (let's cripple the private schools) Sears played in high school), Somerset lives for the All "A" classic. They got their panties all up in a bunch over the Rose Hill situation a few years ago when Rose Hill won the thing.

3. If a student does decide that he/she would still like to attend a private school after going to a public middle school, they will have to sit out of participation AND practice for one full year. So, for example, if a kid goes to Tates Creek middle school his 8th grade year and decides he wants to go to Lexington Christian his 9th grade year, they will not be able to participate in ANY athletic competition.

These are the things that will change. What do you think about them?

This won't matter as it is towards VARSITY, and most of our frosh don't participate varsity....

Mr. Sears wouldn't be happy with that :dancingpa

Also, your reference of MIDDLE SCHOOL drawing not being fair, in Jefferson County, they can draw from any middle school in the county...that is way more than 1 or 2. This problem is an individual SCHOOL BOARD problem, not ours.

Does anybody know why Somerset is so involved in this process? They aren't even close to winning anything and don't lose kids so why are they one of if not the biggest ringleaders in this whole debate? What is the story behind them being so bent out of shape? If you can't post then PM me. Is Somerset an Independant school?

Somerset Superintendent Wilson Sears' argument goes much deeper than competing in sports. I am not sure of all the basics but Sears' argument is that private school competition in sports is taking away from the ideal of public education because there is a constant desire to compete. I think that with the statistics that he gave the number of private schools in the country has tripled in the last 50 years. And trust me, he definitely does not speak for all of Somerset. :sssh:

p.s. Somerset Christian Academy was opened up just a year ago, so we definitely have the possibility of losing kids. :rolleyes:

Somerset Superintendent Wilson Sears' argument goes much deeper than competing in sports. I am not sure of all the basics but Sears' argument is that private school competition in sports is taking away from the ideal of public education because there is a constant desire to compete. I think that with the statistics that he gave the number of private schools in the country has tripled in the last 50 years. And trust me, he definitely does not speak for all of Somerset. :sssh:

p.s. Somerset Christian Academy was opened up just a year ago, so we definitely have the possibility of losing kids. :rolleyes:

I'm glad somebody there posted and I wondered if all of Somerset felt the same way. Thanks to you and All Tell for painting a little clearer picture.