Madison Southern football

BIG_BALLIN

I am sad to say because my son plays and I love these boys, and yes I love the fact that 80 kids are on the team, but MSHS cannot 2 platoon players. This is not college football, and several of these players should not be on the field at all. We gave up 365 yards on the ground, and 60 points. This is horrible and unacceptable. Give props to Bourbon for laying the smack down. The best players do not play a lick of defense...NONE. 3 kids played both way...3. Last time I checked this is not the NFL or college. I like Coach Clark and what he is trying to do, but at this level and at this school you CANNOT 2 platoon. If he does not figure this out and quickly you might as well tank another season of Madison Southern football, and I hate it because there is enough talent playing to win games.

WOW 1 game in with a coach trying to build a new culture and he's alreday got parents on here slamming him. 5A school should have a lot of kids playing both ways. That way when they get in the playoffs vs good schools they can play teams that don't have hardly anybody playing both ways. Sheesh feel bad for the guy there that has gotten a ton of kids out of the hallways for the first time and is trying to build something.

No, that is the plain truth. Tell me a team outside of Trinity or St. X that changes 18 or 19 players from offense to defense?

highlands, every lexington school, most big schools out west. every critic thinks they are a coach

I'm thinking of Rockcastle and how many kids are coming and going with changes of possesion this year. I'm just thinking off the top of my head and I can only think of two players that play both ways all of the time no matter what defensive or offensive package they play. There are some, maybe three or four that might go both ways when certain offenses or defenses are being played. That is this year only though. Even Clark Rowe is mostly playing offense and not so much defense this year. I agree with the other posters, give the coach a chance. He hasn't but just gotten his feet wet and I also heard that several players were missing tonight for one reason or another. Keep the attitude positive.....hang in there and root for your boy.

BB hang in their. It takes some time for new systems to fully develop. With 80 kids I hope he is playing alot of kids and trying different things. As they develop it will get better and you can usually see in a few weeks. Take heart, as in KY you only need your district games for the playoffs and with 6 classes, this is not to much to worry about.

BB hang in their. It takes some time for new systems to fully develop. With 80 kids I hope he is playing alot of kids and trying different things. As they develop it will get better and you can usually see in a few weeks. Take heart, as in KY you only need your district games for the playoffs and with 6 classes, this is not to much to worry about.

I agree Mean Bird and I'm not trying to hate on Coach Clark like my first posted seemed, I am just saying we do have 7 or 8 players that can be considered "good" highschool players and of those only 2 played both sides at anytime in the game. I love the fact Coach Clark is getting guys on the field, but play them on special teams, play them situationally, but not for periods of time that can cost you a game. Bourbon Co. was and is a better team than us, but they are not 40 points better, and I think 2 or three more kids seen more time on the defensive side of the ball it would have been closer and might even been a game. Again, I am on board with Coach and the kids seem to love this guy and what he is teaching them. He WILL make Southern a competative team again something they have not been especially last year. I just think Coach needs to reign back a few of the kids he is playing in some situations. Let's go get Lynn Camp...Go Eagles!!!

Anytime you're trying to build a culture there are going to be growing pains. I do not know Coach Clark but at a school that size and with big numbers I can't blame him for trying to 2-platoon. Its really what most coaches at the non-traditional power schools dream of. Give him some time and support him. If the numbers continue to increase, you may find that you like the new coaches ways. Changing the culture of a program takes time, my guess is you'll see some improvement over the next few weeks.

"I am on board with Coach"

Then why are you on here criticizing him? Let him coach the kids and make the decisions without being scrutinized on sports blogs and message boards. Especially, after 1 game? I don't know much about Madison Southern other than they have not been competitive in football, basketball, and baseball. This coach has a tough job trying to turn this team around and getting criticized on this or any other website will not help.

"I am on board with Coach"

Then why are you on here criticizing him? Let him coach the kids and make the decisions without being scrutinized on sports blogs and message boards. Especially, after 1 game? I don't know much about Madison Southern other than they have not been competitive in football, basketball, and baseball. This coach has a tough job trying to turn this team around and getting criticized on this or any other website will not help.

I Do not think anyone is critizing him. Too much is made of rebuidling. Bottom line is MS should not have got blown up like that and people are just constructively analyzing why. If a coach can't handle people voicing their opinions on a forum like this they should not lead a high school program. It comes with the territory good, bad or indifferent. I think coach Clark is a great leader and can handle this, I assume he expects it when a team he leads gets crushed 60-21. No one is personally critizing him. Personally, I think he has brought in an excitement and energy level to the program that is palpable and has never been seen at MS. He Just needs to stick with what he does best and hopefully it is a good fit for MS. Time will tell. No one is calling for his head, to me HS football is not about the W-L record totally, it is about character and your team giving their best effort. Clark teaches life lessons through football. I doubt you will see any team he leads not give great effort. Win, lose or draw I think Clark is good for the program. He may need to make some adjustments from the NFL/College level back to High school where has already proven to be succesful as an assistant. If he is humble and teachable he will.

Again, I think he is an effectious and enthusiastic leader who I hope turns the program around. He is a good mentor to young men. Wish him the best!