Boyle County looking for a 10th game after Tennessee school backs out

Rebel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bgrocks

I may have my dates wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the same date Boyle was scheduled to play Bowling Green at Boyle. When Boyle cancelled, BG had to find a replacement & they are now playing Lexington Catholic at LC on 10/28.

I may have my dates wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the same date Boyle was scheduled to play Bowling Green at Boyle. When Boyle cancelled, BG had to find a replacement & they are now playing Lexington Catholic at LC on 10/28.

If I am not mistaken Boyle was going to play BG on October 28th. Instead Boyle plays Whitley County on the 28th.

I was told that the coach at Whitley County is a close friend of Coach French and his loyalty to his friend at Whitley County won out over Bowling Green.

Noone would love this game more than I so I am disappointed it won't happen. I can't be mad at Coach French for being loyal to his friends. I understand that wholeheartedly and respect it very much.

It will be at Boyle. 1 year contract.

What I had heard also. Boyle has guarenteed a certain amount of money to come down here.

I figured there might be a guarantee included. But if it's just one year, won't Boyle be in this same game-searching situation again next year?

I figured there might be a guarantee included. But if it's just one year, won't Boyle be in this same game-searching situation again next year?

I guess they will deal with next year when it comes. Might find another one year contract with another out of state team. I'm excited to hear about this though.

I guess they will deal with next year when it comes. Might find another one year contract with another out of state team. I'm excited to hear about this though.

I'm excited about it as well. Garrard is off that week and if this Indiana team is decent I might make the trip over to watch.

Per Advocate: It's official

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/sports/amn-prep-football-boyle-county-adds-10th-game-with-indianapolis-tech-20110901,0,5408115.story

Boyle County coach Larry French said the school has finalized a deal to play Indianapolis Tech at 7:30 p.m. Sept 16 at Rebel Stadium, giving the Rebels a 10th game.

The game was needed when Hancock County (Tenn.) canceled its Oct. 7 home game with Boyle last week with no explanation.

Indianapolis Tech, which plays in Indiana’s largest class (5A) is 1-1, having beaten Fort Wayne (Ind.) Wayne 45-16 and lost 27-15 to Lawrence (Ind.) North.

“After we looked at them, we may be better off to have just nine games,” French said. “They’re pretty good, and we’re going to have our hands full.”