Boyle County looking for a 10th game after Tennessee school backs out

Rebel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that owing $3,500 they might want a good gate game (i.e. Boyle County) to make up some of that money.

The gate sure would help with all that gas money needed for the daily Mountain Parkway Carpool.

I keed, I keed....

Would love to play Harlan...My Husbands old highschool football team! Cumberland Redskins! Be awesome!

Just to clarify, it would be Harlan Independent, not the new Harlan County High School. The new school is the consolidation of Cumberland, Cawood, and Evarts.

Yeah, I guess taking someone's word and then waiting for the paperwork is taboo. Silly us. Hope we learned our lesson.

Wasn't really taking word for it. Kept asking for contract to be signed and returned. Basically had no other options anyway. Sent feelers out for week 4 and 7 in ky, Tn, southern Oh and Indiana. They called us and agreed in principle. Had no other offers anyway like i said. Pike Central seems like only hope and they are not interested. Talked to team in indianapolis but don't see that happening either.

It looks like they are in talks with an Indianapolis school to play a game. Looking at open dates on the IHSAA website it appears the school could be Indianapolis Tech. They are 5A (largest Indiana class) with a 1-0 record. They finished 8-2 last season.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/sports/amn-prep-football-boyle-may-have-found-10th-game-to-fill-schedule-20110825,0,4652932.story

It looks like they are in talks with an Indianapolis school to play a game. Looking at open dates on the IHSAA website it appears the school could be Indianapolis Tech. They are 5A (largest Indiana class) with a 1-0 record. They finished 8-2 last season.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/sports/amn-prep-football-boyle-may-have-found-10th-game-to-fill-schedule-20110825,0,4652932.story

I have done some research on this Indy team , with not much to go on , this is what I found. The only Indy team with Tech in its name is Arsenal Tech High School . They are a 4A team ranked 50th in the state and 2360 in the nation. They are 1-0 this season so far. They have 59 on their roster. In comparison , Indy Cathedral is ranked 3rd in the state of Indiana. Tech's colors are green and red and called the Titans. Like I said earlier , its the only tech high school I could find in Indy.

I have done some research on this Indy team , with not much to go on , this is what I found. The only Indy team with Tech in its name is Arsenal Tech High School . They are a 4A team ranked 50th in the state and 2360 in the nation. They are 1-0 this season so far. They have 59 on their roster. In comparison , Indy Cathedral is ranked 3rd in the state of Indiana. Tech's colors are green and red and called the Titans. Like I said earlier , its the only tech high school I could find in Indy.

Here is a link to their spot on the IHSAA page. They are called "Indianapolis Tech" on here, although Arsenal Tech could be the real name and they use "Indianapolis" like we use "Louisville." They are 5A according to this site.

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/files/logs139.htm

Here is a link to their spot on the IHSAA page. They are called "Indianapolis Tech" on here, although Arsenal Tech could be the real name and they use "Indianapolis" like we use "Louisville." They are 5A according to this site.

http://indianahsfootball.homestead.com/files/logs139.htm

Had some time on my hands so I thought I would look them up. I didn't have a problem with your post , just thought I could help out . I didn't mean to step on your toes . They are both called the Titans , so I would assume we are talking about the same team. I will agree with you that they are 5A , I thought I saw where they were 4A but , that's ok.

If Boyle would play this team , I think Boyle would win by alot . Tech does have Indy Cathedral on their schedule , so maybe they have a decent team , who knows ?

Had some time on my hands so I thought I would look them up. I didn't have a problem with your post , just thought I could help out . I didn't mean to step on your toes . They are both called the Titans , so I would assume we are talking about the same team. I will agree with you that they are 5A , I thought I saw where they were 4A but , that's ok.

If Boyle would play this team , I think Boyle would win by alot . Tech does have Indy Cathedral on their schedule , so maybe they have a decent team , who knows ?

You didn't step on them at all. Not a problem bud! I do think you are right in the name Arsenal Tech. I'm sure they reference every school in the city as "Indianapolis Something" just like I have the habit of saying Louisville Ballard, etc. And I think Indiana recently re-classified so they probably were 4A last year.

But seriously you didn't step on any toes. I think everyone is trying to find out what's going on in this entire story!:D

Well, shucks....looks like they have a district game that night. Dang.

I thought Boyle might have Trinity on speed dial , like the rest of the teams in ky , regardless of class ! :lol:

I thought you might be disappointed , but you'll be ok after Boyle sends those Hoosiers back home with a big loss !! After all , we have to show other states that Ky football is on the rise. :thumb:

According to the TSSAA's website, Hancock County is playing Thomas Walker out of Virginia on that date.
Hancock County plays Hampton on Sept the 16th and Thomas Walker on the 7th of Oct. We have em this week and hey they won last week 38-0 so who knows it might be a competitive game but no way In the world should a Boyle County/Hancock County had even been considered in the first place , I think the Coach at HC didn't know what he was getting himself and his kids into , it would of been a U G L Y.

Hancock County plays Hampton on Sept the 16th and Thomas Walker on the 7th of Oct. We have em this week and hey they won last week 38-0 so who knows it might be a competitive game but no way In the world should a Boyle County/Hancock County had even been considered in the first place , I think the Coach at HC didn't know what he was getting himself and his kids into , it would of been a U G L Y.

Hancock beat a new program from Nashville area 38-0 last week. They are still bad real bad. Boyle is better off without the game even if they have to scrimmage their own freshman team.