Boyle County looking for a 10th game after Tennessee school backs out

Rebel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pike Central on 9/16 makes a lot of sense.

Pike Central only has 9 games and has a bye week the same time as Boyle. They would be a massive upgrade over Harlan.

I don't believe Pike Central has just nine games. I've got them playing 10 games, and the Sept. 16 game is a team from West Virginia, I believe. Just like Knox Central, I don't believe all schools have updated their KHSAA schedules.

Pike Central on 9/16 makes a lot of sense.

Pike Central only has 9 games and has a bye week the same time as Boyle. They would be a massive upgrade over Harlan.

Pike Central has only 9 games according to the KHSAA schedule. Already called them to try to schedule and response was "No Thanks." I guess they would rather give their kids only nine games than get another home game with a good gate.

I hear that Scott in Northern Kentucky has only 9 games too!!

Trust me. Scott wants NO PART of Boyle County. They're breathing a sigh of relief this season for the first time in their history. No Highlands. No CovCath. No Dixie. Toughest games on the schedule are likely Holmes and Conner, and to be honest, that's just what they need. They've been getting their noses bloodied for their entire 30 year history and could use a chance to build a little confidence with an easier schedule and a less murderous 5A playoff field.

Pike Central has only 9 games according to the KHSAA schedule. Already called them to try to schedule and response was "No Thanks." I guess they would rather give their kids only nine games than get another home game with a good gate.

For a team who has a non-district schedule consisting of Phelps, Greenup County, Shelby Valley, and Powell County (I will give them credit for Pburg). It appears they would welcome a chance to better their team with competition...I guess not.

I don't believe Pike Central has just nine games. I've got them playing 10 games, and the Sept. 16 game is a team from Virginia, I believe.

I was wrong. I thought Pike Central was playing Grundy (VA) but they aren't. They do have an open date.

Highlands played Ryle twice last year and I'd say both teams got alot out of both games. Would be a similar situation too, with it being both teams last game of the season.

How would it be the same?

Hardin is free the week of 9/16 but its a week after they've already played. HHS and Ryle played early in the season and last week in the season if memory serves. Who wants to play the same team back to back weeks? :confused::confused: