Whitfield named MVP Battle of the Bridges

Congrats to South Oldham's Jasmine Whitfield named MVP of the 14th annual Battle of the Bridges played in Louisville Saturday night. The game featured Louisville area High School girls against Southern Indiana High School girls. The Louisville team lead by 20+ points most of the game. Very fast and great defensive team with very good play from Whitfield, April Wilson, Leasia Wright, Kara Wright, Laurine Bodine, Darius Franklin. I did not know some of the girls but I can honestly say they all played well. Indiana had a height advantage, but Louisville's quickness took away that advantage. The team was coached by Zena Heckstall.

The boys game was great! The Louisville team was behind most of the game but the made a great comeback in the fourth quarter

Congrats to South Oldham's Jasmine Whitfield named MVP of the 14th annual Battle of the Bridges played in Louisville Saturday night. The game featured Louisville area High School girls against Southern Indiana High School girls. The Louisville team lead by 20+ points most of the game. Very fast and great defensive team with very good play from Whitfield, April Wilson, Leasia Wright, Kara Wright, Laurine Bodine, Darius Franklin. I did not know some of the girls but I can honestly say they all played well. Indiana had a height advantage, but Louisville's quickness took away that advantage. The team was coached by Zena Heckstall.

The boys game was great! The Louisville team was behind most of the game but the made a great comeback in the fourth quarter

Congrats to Jasmine!!! and good for the 8th region. Should be a exciting year in the 8th with 2 players ranked in the top ten for the class of 2012 (Whitfield and Gayheart) and a lot of other talent spread around.

That is great to hear for Jasmine! CONGRATS! It's a shame that Jody Demling(CJ) only mentioned the guys MVP today in his blog. 8th Region has never gotten much "Love" from him.

What schools have offered her so far?

That is great to hear for Jasmine! CONGRATS! It's a shame that Jody Demling(CJ) only mentioned the guys MVP today in his blog. 8th Region has never gotten much "Love" from him.

What schools have offered her so far?

I agree! I had to send him an email last season to list the "all 8th region" team in the CJ after he had a big write up on the 6th and 7th region teams. He tried to blame the 8th region coaches in his reply to me. When he printed the list, you needed a magnifying glass to read it, lol!

Anyway, Jasmine has offers from Western Kentucky, Mississippi State, EKU, Austin Peay, University of Delaware & Jacksonville State University. University of Cinncinnatti, DePaul and UMass want her to come for a visit in the next couple of weeks. She will probably visit UC and Depaul, UMass is too far(In my opinion). She will probably commit by September and then early sign.

I agree! I had to send him an email last season to list the "all 8th region" team in the CJ after he had a big write up on the 6th and 7th region teams. He tried to blame the 8th region coaches in his reply to me. When he printed the list, you needed a magnifying glass to read it, lol!

Anyway, Jasmine has offers from Western Kentucky, Mississippi State, EKU, Austin Peay, University of Delaware & Jacksonville State University. University of Cinncinnatti, DePaul and UMass want her to come for a visit in the next couple of weeks. She will probably visit UC and Depaul, UMass is too far(In my opinion). She will probably commit by September and then early sign.

I am glad that she has so many choices and in several conferences to boot. Good for her- she deserves it and is overlooked by many of the local sports writers and coaches. Signing early should take a big weight off her shoulders.