June 1, 201115 yr Author So, if Woody hadn't been used, what would be your thoughts of the commercial? Remove Woody and the phrase "little ones" and I may have been able to focus a little more on the anti suicide message. I would still have been uncomfortable but I wouldn't have been angry.
June 1, 201115 yr I'm late to the game, too. Do some of you all feel that the commercial promotes homosexuality, meaning 1) that it would encourage someone that is straight to be homosexual or 2) it would make the viewer feel that it is okay to be a homosexual?
June 1, 201115 yr As stated before, there is a clear difference between tolerance and acceptance. I think that is where the split lies between those who think the commercial is OK and those who don't. The people arguing against it seem to be under the impression that this commercial is pushing for acceptance of homosexuality, which probably goes against their moral code. No, obviously the commercial isn't flat out saying "Be Gay." But there are implications that it is alright to be gay. This seems to go against the views of some people on this board, which is why they find the commercial unacceptable (especially for younger children). Or are my assumptions way off?
June 1, 201115 yr I'm still trying to figure out what about the commercial is "promoting" or "marketing" homosexuality? Saying it's okay to be different is a bad thing?
June 1, 201115 yr As stated before, there is a clear difference between tolerance and acceptance. I think that is where the split lies between those who think the commercial is OK and those who don't. The people arguing against it seem to be under the impression that this commercial is pushing for acceptance of homosexuality, which probably goes against their moral code. No, obviously the commercial isn't flat out saying "Be Gay." But there are implications that it is alright to be gay. This seems to go against the views of some people on this board, which is why they find the commercial unacceptable (especially for younger children). Or are my assumptions way off? The morality of homosexuality shouldn't come into play in this. People can believe whatever they want, but everyone has to be in agreement that bullying gays to the brink of suicide is unacceptable- regardless of what you think of that person.
June 1, 201115 yr The morality of homosexuality shouldn't come into play in this. People can believe whatever they want, but everyone has to be in agreement that bullying gays to the brink of suicide is unacceptable- regardless of what you think of that person. I'm in agreement with you. This campaign is about bullying in general, and uses homosexuality as an example. But answer this... How do you stop bullying?
June 2, 201115 yr So is Woody from Toy Story gay??? He's never come out and said it, but I have seen him looking at Buzz Lightyear with love in his eyes. And he seems to be pretty intrigued with Mr. Potato Head's interchangeable parts.
June 2, 201115 yr So is Woody from Toy Story gay??? With tv executives admitting they push a liberal agenda he very well may be gay.
June 2, 201115 yr He's never come out and said it, but I have seen him looking at Buzz Lightyear with love in his eyes. And he seems to be pretty intrigued with Mr. Potato Head's interchangeable parts. :lol::lol::lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.