Zeke Pike to Announce His Choice On Wednesday

Clyde

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This always comes up in the Pike threads ... why would anyone think he would not play QB his entire career? He has the size and arm that everyone today covets in a QB. He is one of the best I have seen in high school at scrambling and making something out of nothing when the pocket breaks down. I am not sure why everyone is so quick to assume a player rated so highly at QB with his size and skills would not play QB.

This always comes up in the Pike threads ... why would anyone think he would not play QB his entire career? He has the size and arm that everyone today covets in a QB. He is one of the best I have seen in high school at scrambling and making something out of nothing when the pocket breaks down. I am not sure why everyone is so quick to assume a player rated so highly at QB with his size and skills would not play QB.

Being that he is just a high school kid I will leave it at this. It takes more than just physical abilities to play QB at the high major level. I have serious doubts about his ability to do what is necessary in the aspects that don't include measurables...

Being that he is just a high school kid I will leave it at this. It takes more than just physical abilities to play QB at the high major level. I have serious doubts about his ability to do what is necessary in the aspects that don't include measurables...

Carson Palmer has no physical abilities or leadership and he is in the NFL.

The only area that I see weakness is his over competitive drive that leads him to force passes or make bad decisions at crucial points in games. He has the intelligence, drive and ability to lead.

No player would ever admit this but he has to take into account kids already in his position. AU has a kid from Arkansas coming in named Kiel Frazier that is a top 5 or top 10 kid.

I don't think Michigan has any studs already there or committed, thus, my prediction. Plus it's fairly close to home.

Is he willing to wait behind Robinson (the current QB) for two more years if he stays?