Highlands at the " pit " biggest win HHS history ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Elders 2011 schedule.

8/26 @ Centerville

9/2 @ Lakota West

9/9 @ Lou. Trinity

9/16 OPEN

9/24 Lakewood St. Edward

9/30 @Cin. X

10/7 Moeller

10/14 Bishop Chatard

10/21 Highlands

10/28 Lasalle

I know you said if, but I hate even thinking about counting chickens before they are hatched. :D

Does it even matter what Elders record is " if " the Birds win at the "pit" ? Will it be bigger than the " 09 " win vs. Cinti X ?

First of all Highlands needs to win and if they do:

It does matter what Elders record is

It does matter if Highlands is undefeated

I think it does matter how the Trinity scrimmage goes (I go back and forth on this issue)

It is hard to compare big games like the '09 Cincy X game. Highlands finally got the big Ohio school monkey off of their back in '09. Now the next challenge is to win at a big Ohio schools home field. Depending on the above comments will determine whether the discussion could be started.

I know you said if, but I hate even thinking about counting chickens before they are hatched. :D

It was being lightly discussed on another thread ,so I figured I would bring it up here. I'm in no way counting chickens or putting the cart before the horse , I'm just saying " what if " no harm intended .

I say you're foolish if you don't think this is the biggest game in Highlands history. The media circus surrounding this game as well as the pregame hype from local sports outlets will be unprecedented in the history of the crosstown rivalry. It will easily be the game of the week on the news and if the Birds win, it will change the whole perception of NKY football. This game carries far reaching implications for both squads. For Elder, it would be the ultimate slap in the face to lose at home to Highlands. They roasted quite a few X fans on the Ohio forums and will have to eat all that and then some with a loss to the Birds. No longer will the forums be set ablaze by the old "squirrell found the nut" gag. Highlands would solidify, with a win, "legit" status amongst our Cincy brethren, a documentary would follow and dvd sales of the game would be a huge money maker. Dale may even get a book deal.:D

I say you're foolish if you don't think this is the biggest game in Highlands history. The media circus surrounding this game as well as the pregame hype from local sports outlets will be unprecedented in the history of the crosstown rivalry. It will easily be the game of the week on the news and if the Birds win' date=' it will change the whole perception of NKY football. This game carries far reaching implications for both squads. For Elder, it would be the ultimate slap in the face to lose at home to Highlands. They roasted quite a few X fans on the Ohio forums and will have to eat all that and then some with a loss to the Birds. No longer will the forums be set ablaze by the old "squirrell found the nut" gag. Highlands would solidify, with a win, "legit" status amongst our Cincy brethren, a documentary would follow and dvd sales of the game would be a huge money maker. Dale may even get a book deal.:D[/quote']

I hope Elder players read this.

Who knows whether it will be bigger. But, I think a lot of people view the Highlands victory over St. X in 2009 within the context of "if you play these Cincy teams enough you're bound to get a win some time." If HHS can register another big win against a Cincy power (at Elder, no less), then it will show that the win in 09 was definitely not a fluke and that the program is taking big steps forward.

I say you're foolish if you don't think this is the biggest game in Highlands history. The media circus surrounding this game as well as the pregame hype from local sports outlets will be unprecedented in the history of the crosstown rivalry. It will easily be the game of the week on the news and if the Birds win' date=' it will change the whole perception of NKY football. This game carries far reaching implications for both squads. For Elder, it would be the ultimate slap in the face to lose at home to Highlands. They roasted quite a few X fans on the Ohio forums and will have to eat all that and then some with a loss to the Birds. No longer will the forums be set ablaze by the old "squirrell found the nut" gag. Highlands would solidify, with a win, "legit" status amongst our Cincy brethren, a documentary would follow and dvd sales of the game would be a huge money maker. Dale may even get a book deal.:D[/quote']

Is it going to be "nationally televised"?

Highlands is NOT representative of NKY football.

Who knows whether it will be bigger. But, I think a lot of people view the Highlands victory over St. X in 2009 within the context of "if you play these Cincy teams enough you're bound to get a win some time." If HHS can register another big win against a Cincy power (at Elder, no less), then it will show that the win in 09 was definitely not a fluke and that the program is taking big steps forward.

After the X game , I was walking to my car and saw a bunch of people standing around it . ( At first I thought they were breaking into it ). Anyway it was a real dark area with very little light , by the church across from Indiana Ave. It turned out to be a bunch of X fans that had mistaken my car for theirs (literally ). While I was helping them find their car , they were telling me how good the Birds played and how well they were coached . Believe me that group of fans knew that it was not a fluke , and I assume that the rest of the X fans felt the same way. (It's ironic that a Hbf would park on Indiana Ave in the fort ?

I don't know if I'd say this is the biggest game in their history, but I consider it fair to say that it will be one of their bigger games. I don't believe that this game would have much significance if it weren't for beating Cincinnati St. X when they did. If they beat Elder on their field and in the environment that the Pit provides, it is very big and indicates that NKY is on an equal playing field with Cincinnati, if not better in ways.