St. Xavier 21 John Hardin 20

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should not have been close but crazy things happen from time to time. I am too worn out to talk about it now but thanks JH for a great game!You learn more from playing the best competition. That's why these Tigers will take state.They learned something tonight that will help them win the next 2. Go Tigers! Great showing by the X faithful tonight.

I think you could say they will be battle tested. :thumb:

Yes, you have to go for it if you are JH! Great call...

Also, the TV replays from the Louisville stations showed the play from a bad angle in the end zone but it looked like just went through the guys hands. There were two JH players in the right side of end zone and an X-man. Looked like sailed over two and right through the kids hands.

How did JH get the opportunity to win the game in the final seconds?

X turnover on downs with 50 seconds to go. 1st down at 20 and JH completes a pass to about the 35. Then a bomb to #7 down to the 3 (tremendous catch in double coverage) Then QB run next Play. And they also blocked a punt to get their second score and they only had to drive 3 yds.

Applause to Coach Brown on having thew moxy to go for 2 and congrats to JH on a great year! Good luck to X

I can't agree more. JH made the the correct decision to go for 2 at the end of the game. They capitalized on several St. X miscues and had the momentum at the time. The JH players, coaches, and fans should not second guess the call. Congratulations to JH, their coaches and fans.

JH played a great game, especially on defense, St. X really didn't have what I would call a break away play which has been a trade mark of this team. St. X shot theirselves in the foot several times during the game, but do not take anything away from the Bulldogs.

Call it what you want, but the Tigers came away with a win and that is all that matters this time of the year. St. X lives to play another day and will take on Warren Central, perhaps as part of a double header with Bowling Green at WKU.

X turnover on downs with 50 seconds to go. 1st down at 20 and JH completes a pass to about the 35. Then a bomb to #7 down to the 3 (tremendous catch in double coverage) Then QB run next Play. And they also blocked a punt to get their second score and they only had to drive 3 yds.

Thanks.

X got away with one...You gotta kick that extra point and go to overtime...

X has THE number one 10 yard offense in the state. If KY's rules were different, I'd agree with you, but with the ball placed on the 10 yard line, I'd never want to go to overtime with X.

X has THE number one 10 yard offense in the state. If KY's rules were different, I'd agree with you, but with the ball placed on the 10 yard line, I'd never want to go to overtime with X.
my sentiments exactly. Besides, I would never criticize a coach for going for two and the win.

Some people would call that a Hero/Zero call. If you make it ...you are the hero...but if don't you are the zero...It takes guts to make that decision knowing that people will talk about it if you fail. The bottom line is that this coach believed in his kids to make that call.

At the game. Why wouldn't JH go for it? They had hit short and long passes with a great scrambling QB, including several just like the pass they threw to try to win it. They also had been held within the 10 yard line on the first drive (fumble) and struggled on another on the goal line, with little success running the ball, especially up the middle. GREAT call. The JH coach deserves my respect and so does JH football.

Go St. X.

No one has yet to explain this John Hardin team to me. They flew under the radar for so long I never saw a good reveiw of the team. Who were thier stars? What were thier strenghts? Will they be a consistant program in 4A? How did they get there so fast? Do they graduate a lot of players?

The back-breaker, IMO, was in the first half, when JH fumbled on the goal line and X recovered....

Not really, it was on 4th and goal at the one (after being stopped 3 times)when he fumbled. If he doesn't fumble, they still don't score and X still takes over the ball on downs. The Tigers net gain on the play was 19 yards giving it to them on the 20 and only if JH recovers the fumble in the endzone would it have been a TD.

On Coach Brown's going for 2-absolutely the right call. It was a no-brainer when considering going into a 10 yard game with the Tigers as the alternative.

The Tigers shot themselves in the foot too many times last night to make it a close game. Alot of un-X-like mistakes kept it close. Extremely poor timing on a couple of penalties stalled strong offensive drives that normally would result in Tiger scores and a couple of mental lapses on our part helped give momentum to the Dogs when they needed it most. These are things that should not be happening at this point of the season and I would presume they will be hot topics Monday at practice. Great overall job by the Tiger D containing the Wing-T of JH to 47 yards. I am very proud of the Tigers for hanging tough on the road when it counted most.

The JH QB was outstanding making something out of nothing several times. He scrambled extremely well, keeping his composure and completing timely passes or positive runs all night when it appeared the Tiger D had him in a hole with nowhere to go. Great game and season by JH-they played their hearts out while being dwarfed in size. They execute very well and are very well coached-I have a feeling JH will be a common name in KY HS football in the years to come. Great facility (especially liked the Sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight before the game-ha), great fans and great foundation to build on. There were some typical "on the road" ball spots, clock starts/stops and a very timely "no call" on a blatant facemask but all of this was beyond the control of the JH players/staff. The only major negative I felt all night was what Alabama Larry had referred to last week-the PA announcer needs to GO! His antics are definitely a "black eye" of a class program.

GO TIGERS-let's go to Bowling Green!!!!! :dancingpa

Yes, you have to go for it if you are JH! Great call...

Also, the TV replays from the Louisville stations showed the play from a bad angle in the end zone but it looked like just went through the guys hands. There were two JH players in the right side of end zone and an X-man. Looked like sailed over two and right through the kids hands.

First of all, I was at the game, it was a great atmosphere and with a few timely plays JH stayed within striking distance. The 2 point conversion can be questioned till the cows come home. There were two receivers that were in the vicinity of the pass that was incomplete. The QB threw a bullet and it seemed to go through the receiver's hands. I do not know if he actually touched the ball or not but it was a great effort by the JH QB on the pass. The St. X radio people actually thought that the ball had been caught. (I was standing behind them). Under normal regular season circumstances you might think a coach would go for the PAT kick at home against the favored defending state champion BUT this was the regional final game that many never thought you had a chance to win. I think the emotions and momentum tell you to take the chance of a lifetime. The JH family have not a thing to be ashamed of and will build on this outstanding season for many seasons to come. Much due respect to the JH Bulldogs ! :thumb:

Not really, it was on 4th and goal at the one (after being stopped 3 times)when he fumbled. If he doesn't fumble, they still don't score and X still takes over the ball on downs. The Tigers net gain on the play was 19 yards giving it to them on the 20 and only if JH recovers the fumble in the endzone would it have been a TD.

On Coach Brown's going for 2-absolutely the right call. It was a no-brainer when considering going into a 10 yard game with the Tigers as the alternative.

The Tigers shot themselves in the foot too many times last night to make it a close game. Alot of un-X-like mistakes kept it close. Extremely poor timing on a couple of penalties stalled strong offensive drives that normally would result in Tiger scores and a couple of mental lapses on our part helped give momentum to the Dogs when they needed it most. These are things that should not be happening at this point of the season and I would presume they will be hot topics Monday at practice. Great overall job by the Tiger D containing the Wing-T of JH to 47 yards. I am very proud of the Tigers for hanging tough on the road when it counted most.

The JH QB was outstanding making something out of nothing several times. He scrambled extremely well, keeping his composure and completing timely passes or positive runs all night when it appeared the Tiger D had him in a hole with nowhere to go. Great game and season by JH-they played their hearts out while being dwarfed in size. They execute very well and are very well coached-I have a feeling JH will be a common name in KY HS football in the years to come. Great facility (especially liked the Sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight before the game-ha), great fans and great foundation to build on. There were some typical "on the road" ball spots, clock starts/stops and a very timely "no call" on a blatant facemask but all of this was beyond the control of the JH players/staff. The only major negative I felt all night was what Alabama Larry had referred to last week-the PA announcer needs to GO! His antics are definitely a "black eye" of a class program.

GO TIGERS-let's go to Bowling Green!!!!! :dancingpa

I do not see how the opening drive fumble into the end zone cannot be considered a major game changing event. The Bulldogs could have scored to take a 7 point lead while taking ten minutes off the clock. Major, Major Major statement to be made. Cosequently, the tigers take a 7 point lead and win by a 1 point margin. Manual math tells me that the game could have ended with a different outcome. Of course that change in the history of the game could have led to different events throughout the remainder of the game and it could have ended any number of ways. I am saying only that by not scoring at that point a little wind went out of the sails and instead of playing with the lead JH played to stay with the Tigers. I will say that a few of the "un-X-like" mistakes could have had a thing or two to do with game preparation by JH . The blocked punt was huge and at that time gave JH the chance to get back into the game. A great job by JH to get the block, maybe not so much to do with St. X. I wonder how many blocked punts St. X suffered this season.