Check Out This Amazing Scramble in the CA State Championship Game

Clyde

Great play but I honestly have to say that the scramble by Vocke in the New Cath game was even better. It was on the last TD in OT by Beechwood on a half back pass. Go to the 1:53 mark in the second clip and watch. The first video clip is 9 minutes. Just click to the end of that and then the second game video that is about 2 hours long will come up. Click on the bar at the bottom of the screen to move the video to the 1:53 mark.

http://www.ihigh.com/nkysports/broadcast_125403.html?silverlight=1

• 2 weeks later...

This was a Sectional championship instead of a state championship. In California, you have to win your Section to have a chance to play in the State title games which means there are a bunch of teams that win their Section but still don't play in the title game.

With all that said, this video still does show two amazing plays.

Actually I believe there is no "State Championship" but only Sectional Championships. North Coast, Central Coast, and South Coast. At least that is what I was told from someone I know who played out there about 15 years ago. Way too many schools and I believe there is only 5 classes with all those high schools...way more than KY....but I guess that's for another thread.:rolleyes:

Actually I believe there is no "State Championship" but only Sectional Championships. North Coast, Central Coast, and South Coast. At least that is what I was told from someone I know who played out there about 15 years ago. Way too many schools and I believe there is only 5 classes with all those high schools...way more than KY....but I guess that's for another thread.:rolleyes:

You are correct.

Great play but I honestly have to say that the scramble by Vocke in the New Cath game was even better. It was on the last TD in OT by Beechwood on a half back pass. Go to the 1:53 mark in the second clip and watch. The first video clip is 9 minutes. Just click to the end of that and then the second game video that is about 2 hours long will come up. Click on the bar at the bottom of the screen to move the video to the 1:53 mark.

http://www.ihigh.com/nkysports/broadcast_125403.html?silverlight=1

Terrible announcing job though :)

They do have a state championship in California, but like I said you have to win your Section o qualify. Then the participants are determined via power ratings. They have something like an Open Division where the best team regardless of class from the North play the best team regardless of class from the South. Then they have a DI, DII, DIII, and DIV champion.

http://www.cifstate.org/sports/state/football/pdf/fb%20championship%2010%20Day%201.pdf