Which team more likely to continue State Championship run HHS or Ft Campbell?

remmac

I am not a fan of the six class system and predicted that there would be frequent repeat winners with "diluted" competition over six classes. True to form (with the exception of 4A), only a couple of teams have appeared in the finals in each class with Highlands 5A and Ft. Campbell2A winning all three years and Beechwood 1A, Central 3A and Trinity 6A all winning two out of three.

I would have guessed the smaller classes, particularly 1A to be most likely to have one team dominate.

Questions:

Which team last longer HHS or Ft Campbell and what year does it end for each?

With realignment, who (of all six classes) wins the most over the next five years?

Highlands and Highlands.

If Highlands wins the state title this year, I wouldn't expect that streak to come to an end for ATLEAST another 3 years. (2014)

I don't think some realize the type of dynasty the Birds are in the middle of right now. They could very well win 7 in a row and break Trinity's record for most consecutive state titles. They are loaded at the frosh and soph level and their junior class is very good as well with Towles, True, and the Bruns boys leading the way.

Either HHS or Highlands. Maybe the Bluebirds. Year in and year out over the last decade they have been as good or better than X & H and they might have (probably would have) even taken a title or two from T (if they had played up in the highest division.)

Now your going a little far. Highlands had some years this past decade that were pretty down Highlands teams. As I recall, didn't they have a season that was ended with a running clock. I would agree with the H comment, but the only teams from Highlands that you could make a legitimate argument for being as good as the largest level champion would be 2000 and 2009, neither of which I am pretty sure were T championships.

Highlands and Highlands.

If Highlands wins the state title this year, I wouldn't expect that streak to come to an end for ATLEAST another 3 years. (2014)

I don't think some realize the type of dynasty the Birds are in the middle of right now. They could very well win 7 in a row and break Trinity's record for most consecutive state titles. They are loaded at the frosh and soph level and their junior class is very good as well with Towles, True, and the Bruns boys leading the way.

Sorry but the State Record for Consecutive State titles is 5 by Boyle County '99 to '03. :thumb:

Thanks.

I guess there was a year in there that Trinity didn't win it. I believe they won 6 between 2000 and 2007 or 2008?

You are correct. they won 6 between 2001 and 2008.

Beechwood won 7 out of 9 from 1991-1999.

Regardless, five or six consecutive in a four-class system is more impressive than 8-10 in a six class ststem.... don't ya think? Again, my inclination was that maybe a Beechwood/Mayfield would have the best chance because their class will not change as much (only a few teams dropping down occasionally) whereas the "middle-classes" fluctuate more as evidenced by former champions (under 6-class system) Boyle, LexCath, HHS all being now in the same class and may change again in the next realignment?

Now your going a little far. Highlands had some years this past decade that were pretty down Highlands teams. As I recall, didn't they have a season that was ended with a running clock. I would agree with the H comment, but the only teams from Highlands that you could make a legitimate argument for being as good as the largest level champion would be 2000 and 2009, neither of which I am pretty sure were T championships.

They had a running clock in 2002 in 2003 they made it to the state championship and in 2004 they won it. Before 2007 the last time Ft. Campbell won it was in 1979. I dont know about all the other years but 2004 there was a legit arguement as well for Highlands to be the largest level champion. St. X won the same year.