Outside of Louisville....

The Scribe

I've only spoken to a couple of people (neither coaches or administrators), but Grayson County in 5A has to be questioning a distrcit that puts them 3 (Hardin, Meade, Bullitt) counties away from two of their opponents, Iroquois & J-Town. The same applies to Iroquois. I'm really wondering if Iroquois will continue to offer football given this new district. I don't see any benefit whatsoever for them. J-Town could make the same argument as Iroquois. In the end, the Hardin Co/Louisville district seems that it could be an OK match up. But why not put Iroquois with Bullitt County and the same with J-Town, or put J-Town in the Oldham/Shelby County district. Move one or two of the Bullitt County teams to the Hardin Co/Grayson Co district.

I don't know the answer. And I've really only spoken to the Grayson County folk. I'm just hypothesizing on the Iroquois quandry.

Grayson County gets rid of Bowling Green and Warren Central and adds the Hardins. I'd take that trade. In the opposite district come playoff time, they trade Christian County, Hoptown, and Owensboro for Anderson County and the Bullitts. Again, I'd take that trade.

Grayson County gets rid of Bowling Green and Warren Central and adds the Hardins. I'd take that trade. In the opposite district come playoff time, they trade Christian County, Hoptown, and Owensboro for Anderson County and the Bullitts. Again, I'd take that trade.

My point isn't that there is any objection about the Hardins. I think the Bowling Green/John Hardin trade is almost a wash. Probably better to put the Warren Central/John Hardin trade as a wash. But speaking from travel times, they're traveling 1.5-2 hrs (bus time) to beat Iroquois. And vice versa. Yes, come playoff time, they're set up well.

From Iroquois' perspective, where's the benefit?

Haven't heard any of the Lexington schools complaining. Although Dunbar as cause to question why they were the 1 out of 8 schools that got put in a "south of Louisville district; more travel time.

Henry Clay and Scott County will good match ups with Simon Kenton. No one wants a soft schedule.