Southwestern at Bullitt East

cammando

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say SW wins in a rather boring game, no offense, 16-10

Why do games have to be high scoring to be exciting? No offense could mean great defense. Call me old fashioned but I love a good defensive football game.

I agree with you Mr. No Name that it will be low scoring, but boring, no way!

It should be a real defensive battle and should be a great game for an "older" guy like myself.

Playing a tough schedule is one thing, how many teams with winning records did each team beat? Also, Southwestern has the added pressure of being on the road and also they have never gotten past this round if memory serves. It should be fun. And close.

Look what happens, I'm gone for a few hours and look your on here smacking it around with the Chargers. My My!! What, you couldn't wait for me whats up with that!! Look Charger it going to be a dog fight till the end, no ones blowing out no one it just we owe you guys a loss that all. I wouldn't be challanging these posters on here they know football and they know that we have played some really good teams this year were in everyone of them and had a chance to win most of them. The Highlands game we might have been in the first half but after that no. We blew out a very good SL team that is still in the playoffs. So we have the capability to do that but I have confidents in you guys that you won't let that happen..................See ya soon.......LTW

Playing a tough schedule is one thing, how many teams with winning records did each team beat?

Bullitt East - beat 3 teams with winning records

Southwestern - beat 8 teams with winning records

Excuse me, but Southwestern hasn't won 8 games yet, much less 8 against teams with winning records.

Playing a tough schedule is one thing, how many teams with winning records did each team beat?

Bullitt East - beat 3 teams with winning records

Southwestern - beat 8 teams with winning records

Correction, Bullitt East- beat 3 teams with winning records

Southwestern - beat 4 teams with winning records, not 8.

Call out the armory in this one... for the bullits will be flying in this battle...will it be close?...No as the warriors get...held up...as the boys from the EAST side rumage and pillage...The warriors will be saying no mas. To bad for the warriors they brought spears to a Bullit fight.

The Sultan... Playing on Puns

Because of their lackluster playoff history I'd be inclined to pick against SW in this one. However, I think that this year the tougher schedule will make a difference. SW had a chance to fold and go home early last week and found a way to win, I think the confidence gained by doing that coupled with the tests they have already faced this year will carry them this week. I'll say SW 24-BE 14--the Warriors make school history and advance to their first regional title game. Good luck Warriors and Jumpers this week!

Not true. Nelson County is normally good. We had been playing John Hardin until our district was expanded this year. John Hardin is very tough.
True, but John Hardin isn't on the schedule anymore ... this year's schedule, not that of years past, is what is relevant to the discussion.

True, Nelson County is usually much better than they were this season. Bullitt Central is a local rival, a must-play game. I don't think anyone is dissing Bullitt East for ducking anyone, given their district situation, but simply noting that this year's schedule is pretty weak. The evidence for that premise is overwhelming.

Conversly, one could say that PSW doesn't play anybody but Boyle County year in and out.
A totally indefensible statement.

These are some of Southwestern's non-district opponents the last few years ...

2005 ... Danville, Clark County, South Laurel, Highlands

2004 ... Warren Central, Bell County, East Jessamine, Rockcastle County

2003 ... Bowling Green, Bell County, East Jessamine, Rockcastle County

2002 ... Conner, Lexington Catholic

Want a chance to retract that statement?

True, but John Hardin isn't on the schedule anymore ... this year's schedule, not that of years past, is what is relevant to the discussion.

True, Nelson County is usually much better than they were this season. Bullitt Central is a local rival, a must-play game. I don't think anyone is dissing Bullitt East for ducking anyone, given their district situation, but simply noting that this year's schedule is pretty weak. The evidence for that premise is overwhelming.

A totally indefensible statement.

These are some of Southwestern's non-district opponents the last few years ...

2005 ... Danville, Clark County, South Laurel, Highlands

2004 ... Warren Central, Bell County, East Jessamine, Rockcastle County

2003 ... Bowling Green, Bell County, East Jessamine, Rockcastle County

2002 ... Conner, Lexington Catholic

Want a chance to retract that statement?

I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Normally we play a good schedule, we are in a tough spot now with the 8 district games and we have to play Bullitt Central every year. That leaves us with only one game to schedule, and Nelson County is usually much better than they were this year. My comment about Southwestern's schedule wasn't supposed to be take seriously. It still amazes me that everyone seems to think that PSW is the favorite in this game. Given PSW's playoff record and our record against PSW, I would think that PSW would have a little more respect for Bullitt East. I guess not.

The Warriors have complete respect for the Chargers.. They have knocked us out of the play-offs twice.. They are always well coached, make few mistakes, and hit hard. The players don't trash talk and have respect for their foes.. Solid program.. SW is the definite underdog in this game.. They will have to play their best game yet to upset the Chargers......

I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd.
Oh, is that it? Well, your point certainly was absurd.

we are in a tough spot now with the 8 district games and we have to play Bullitt Central every year. That leaves us with only one game to schedule, and Nelson County is usually much better than they were this year.
Just as I stated.

My comment about Southwestern's schedule wasn't supposed to be take seriously.
And when you make claims like that, nothing else you say is taken seriously, either.

It still amazes me that everyone seems to think that PSW is the favorite in this game. Given PSW's playoff record and our record against PSW, I would think that PSW would have a little more respect for Bullitt East. I guess not.
Who said Southwestern was the favorite? Bullitt East is ranked in every 3A poll, and certainly higher than Southwestern. Some seem to think the Warriors will win ... and it's certainly possible that they will. This is one of the most intriguing games in 3A this week.

And I don't see anyone disrespecting Bullitt East's team ... on the other hand, their schedule is undergoing some legitimate scrutiny.