Best KY HS Football Rivalries

mcpapa

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I know many people around here really miss the Garrard County/Harrodsburg rivalry. When Garrard County opened in 1964, the Lions and Pioneers played every season until Garrard moved to Class AA in 1997. They played once more in 2005 before Harrodsburg merged with Mercer County. The Pioneers won the all-time series 24-11. Many of those games, especially in the 1990s, were for the district championship.

Garrard's "new" rival is Lincoln County, I guess, but without playoff implications it really hasn't become much of a heated rivalry like those old Harrodsburg games.

Man these two had some battles in the early to mid 90's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is the 2nd oldest in the state and the rivalry with the most games played in the state. The Bellevue v. Dayton rivalry is amazing if you have never been to one. By the way the Bellevue/Dayton rivalry ranks in the "Top 10" in the country of game played. Don't hold me to it by I think it ranks at #6 or 7.

Monroe County:ylsuper:/ Green County:puke:

It used to be Monroe/ Glasgow....but anyone that has played Green Knows what I am talking about!!!!!

It doesn't matter who is supposed to be better, the game is always close and always heated...on and off the field!!!!!

My vote is the 2nd oldest in the state and the rivalry with the most games played in the state. The Bellevue v. Dayton rivalry is amazing if you have never been to one. By the way the Bellevue/Dayton rivalry ranks in the "Top 10" in the country of game played. Don't hold me to it by I think it ranks at #6 or 7.

Mayfield vs. Paducah Tilghman actually ranks as the 2nd oldest rivalry in the state.