Eckstein out at Bellevue?

He achieved a great deal of success in his short tenure and the guy is good for the community. I hope he stays at Bellevue for the kids' sake.

I'm a bit confused, if he's resigned, how will he be able to stay?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had the chance to get to know Dave Eckstein and his family over the past couple of years has been one of the best experiences I have had in a long time. Dave is a really great football coach and adminstrator at Bellevue, but he is an even greater mentor and family man.

Many people around the football world see Dave only in a competitive world of games and practices. He is a fierce competitor who expects to win, demands perfection, and will do anything and everything to see that his players both as a team and individuals have success on and off the field.

He will still be a large part of the Bellevue program in some facet I am sure. Good luck Dave and thank you!

Herd a rumor that Chad Montgomery A Dayton Asst. And Bellevue Grad was the front runner for the job.

What about that Wilson boy that runs the JV games? I think I heard he is a teacher. IS Montgomery a teacher? I realize that they don't need a teacher but some admins prefer to have someone that will be in the halls of the school.

Herd a rumor that Chad Montgomery A Dayton Asst. And Bellevue Grad was the front runner for the job.

If you are going for a former player who has some coaching experience Chad would probably be the closest thing from what I know. I believe he has coached as an assistant over at Dayton the past couple years. Being the HC is much different though than an assistant. I think Montgomery probably has the passion and drive to come back and lead the Tigers though if given the opportunity.

As far as the article on Eckstein and the Reynolds boy that is truly a blessing and thats all I can say about that. That young man now has a chance to do something positive in society and he can thank many but mostly the Eckstiens.

Sorry to see Eckstein go. He did a great job at Bellevue. As a Beechwood fan, it was fun having some competition in 1A with Bellevue over the past couple of years. Hopefully the next coach can keep things rolling there.

And that is a great story that was posted above. It is great seeing a young man getting the opportunity to make a better life for himself. Bellevue's own version of the Blindside. Much respect to the whole Eckstein family.

Montgomery while young could really grow into the job. He would be a stable head coach for many years to come. And just like all first time head coaches will have growing pains. But the flip side is they could have that locked up for awhile.

I cannot see Wilson as the head coach................but then you never know

Not sure I see Chad as head material right now. Being around the pee-wee system for a few years and being young, many Bellevue kids still call him Chad or Cookie. That bothers me as something you dont do to a coach.