First ever female high school head football coach

I know plenty of men that can think for themselves and know that the quality of a person is not based on the color of their skin or their gender. It's based on who they are and what they do. They don't feel threatened by a woman pursuing career opportunities in an area predominantly fielded by men. I also know many women who won't let preconceived, antiquated notions of what a woman "is" keep them from pursuing what they know that they can do. As a matter of fact, most people I know fit into one of those two groups. :thumb:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that bothers me is the "You go, girl" attitude of some of the commenters. Blatant sexism. Obviously, few women have the experience to coach football. This woman looks like she might and as stated above, if the team, parents, etc are happy, then great. If it's a PC thing, then not so great.

I'm a near 40 year fan of Pat Summit of Tennessee and have met her many times. She could coach men as well as any man coaches women or men.

Why does "You go, girl" bother you? It's pretty much just a phrase reflecting the support and pride other women (and some enlightened men :D) have for a woman who has achieved something. Doesn't have to be groundbreaking, but in this case it was. I said it, I mean it, and I'd say it again.

The only thing that bothers me is the "You go, girl" attitude of some of the commenters. Blatant sexism. Obviously, few women have the experience to coach football. This woman looks like she might and as stated above, if the team, parents, etc are happy, then great. If it's a PC thing, then not so great.

I'm a near 40 year fan of Pat Summit of Tennessee and have met her many times. She could coach men as well as any man coaches women or men.

Does "Atta boy" bother you? Just curious.

I think its great..I think its important that we are politically correct above everything else.It should have nothing to do with the kids having a winning season or even learning anything,who cares?The boys dont need a strong male example to possibly teach them about being man.The most important thing is that we are all inclusive,I think that we should make it manditory that the girls have to play,and while were at it let make a penalty for spitting.I think I will go out right know and by my son some yellow pants and a pink shirt I want him to feel that he fits in and that he can look at all woman as men and all men as woman...Shew what next?

I think its great..I think its important that we are politically correct above everything else.It should have nothing to do with the kids having a winning season or even learning anything,who cares?The boys dont need a strong male example to possibly teach them about being man.The most important thing is that we are all inclusive,I think that we should make it manditory that the girls have to play,and while were at it let make a penalty for spitting.I think I will go out right know and by my son some yellow pants and a pink shirt I want him to feel that he fits in and that he can look at all woman as men and all men as woman...Shew what next?

Thank you for a well thought out and rational post that was free of knee-jerk reactionism. :thumb:

So , this is your third post on BGP .After reading this one I'm sorry I missed the first two. :lol:

On a serious note , welcome to Bluegrass Preps !!!!!! :thumb: