Miles Simpson has committed to UK

HIPPYKICK

Now we have to figure out where this stud will play...No way he's a RB in the SEC, where will they put him? Weakside LB.

If you read everything above and what I read other places today, sounds like they give him a shot at RB. I guess the question is 40 time but in his case, the 10 yard time plus his strength will be more important. Time will tell.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, I was hoping he would stay in-state and play for Joker.

What position does everyone think he will play in college? DB? SS? RB?

I would guess that one of the conditions of him signing with UK had to do with him having the opportunity to play RB. I can see him running some zone well and catching the ball out of the backfield on a regular basis. I cant imagine him being able to outrun SEC defensive backs...however, he is very deceptive. Congrats to Simpson, another reason to root for Wildcat football.

Now we have to figure out where this stud will play...No way he's a RB in the SEC, where will they put him? Weakside LB.

Is that a slight towards NKY's slow players??? :confused: :lol:

He ought to be given a chance to play RB. He was not recruited as an athlete, he is a RB. He certainly has a chance to have a nice career in the SEC.

I would guess that one of the conditions of him signing with UK had to do with him having the opportunity to play RB. I can see him running some zone well and catching the ball out of the backfield on a regular basis. I cant imagine him being able to outrun SEC defensive backs...however, he is very deceptive. Congrats to Simpson, another reason to root for Wildcat football.

I agree with you, he doesn't seem to be moving fast but he has a very nice stride. I can only think of one time he was caught from behind on a long run and I don't know how it happened.

I agree with you, he doesn't seem to be moving fast but he has a very nice stride. I can only think of one time he was caught from behind on a long run and I don't know how it happened.

He reminds me of Shaun Alexander in that sense. I watched him a couple times in high school, and he never looked very fast to me. I don't think he ever really timed well in the 40 out of high school either. However, look what he did at Alabama.

If you read everything above and what I read other places today, sounds like they give him a shot at RB. I guess the question is 40 time but in his case, the 10 yard time plus his strength will be more important. Time will tell.

I think that a player's 40 yd. time is the most overused gauge of a player's potential. I'm not sure if he will end up as a RB or not, although the RB coach at UK sure seemed to think that he would. He surely knows more than the experts on here do.:lol:

I think that a player's 40 yd. time is the most overused gauge of a player's potential. I'm not sure if he will end up as a RB or not, although the RB coach at UK sure seemed to think that he would. He surely knows more than the experts on here do.:lol:

The 40 time is considered important in todays game because of the speed the game is played at now. There's plenty of talented players out there in high school, but some are just a step faster than the next and that makes a difference to scouts. Recruiters look at your current speed and the potential you have to become faster through their training techniques. I believe some combines are even getting away from the bench press and concentrating more power combined with agility/speed test. The days of the muscle bound slow pokes are pretty much behind us. I always tell my kids "they can't hit what they can't catch".

See post #27. All the teams were recruiting Simpson as a RB.

Of course we all know that the position kids are recruited to play is often times not the position they eventually play. If UK ends up with several RBs better than Simpson (as good as he is at that spot) and he has the ability to get on the field at another position/make UK a better team at another position, the coaches will move him to another position.

Of course we all know that the position kids are recruited to play is often times not the position they eventually play. If UK ends up with several RBs better than Simpson (as good as he is at that spot) and he has the ability to get on the field at another position/make UK a better team at another position, the coaches will move him to another position.

Agreed. :thumb:

I agree! Once Miles starts to experience the DI college football atmosphere through reality, if he truly loves the game he'll play wherever they want him to. I look forward to getting a chance to see him get on the field because I believe he has some special talents an hopefully we'll see that deceptive speed coming out of the backfield.

Although Miles is a very team oriented player, he took into account how many running backs were being signed/had all ready commited to the schools he was considering. Needless to say I think he wants to play back in the SEC. By the way in the Semi-final game last year Justin Green couldn't catch him and he (if I am correct) was the defending 100m champion and is a RB at Illinois.