Highlands football banquet

jbwill2

Why do they wait so long? football has been over for 6 weeks.Most people have moved on and are now looking at next season, not what happened last year. Seems a bit overdone. Do they not have anything else to do there?

The planning to put on a nice banquet takes time. I know that South Laurel just had theirs today (1-23-10). By scheduling it now, they have time to have all the plaques/awards (all state, etc), highlight video (and HHS has a very good and complete highlight video), working a time that doesn't interfere with other sports the student athletes may be playing, etc. I would rather see them take their time and plan it out right then rush it just to get it over.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The planning to put on a nice banquet takes time. I know that South Laurel just had theirs today (1-23-10). By scheduling it now, they have time to have all the plaques/awards (all state, etc), highlight video (and HHS has a very good and complete highlight video), working a time that doesn't interfere with other sports the student athletes may be playing, etc. I would rather see them take their time and plan it out right then rush it just to get it over.

Very accurate! :thumb: