Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Manual Stadium

Featured Replies

I passed by Manual Stadium this week & saw where they are finally replacing the stadium lights. For years they were the worst in the city & probably the state. Now the place will be enjoyable to watch a game. One of the best HS atmospheres around.

hOORAY..................about time. Should vastly improve the conditions. has been pretty rough.

I passed by Manual Stadium this week & saw where they are finally replacing the stadium lights. For years they were the worst in the city & probably the state. Now the place will be enjoyable to watch a game. One of the best HS atmospheres around.

 

Yahoo! Trinity ventures there in 2010.

Is my tax money paying for this...? :clap: Just messin, my son might be going there. And play football. :popcorn:

Sweet....Highlands will be there on August 21st 2009.:ylsuper:

Is my tax money paying for this...? :clap: Just messin, my son might be going there. And play football. :popcorn:

 

AL

 

I thought you were going to have him come over to St. Matthews to look around ?

When was the last time these lights were replaced? We always joke that they are the original lights from back in the 40's when my father played for St.X. :banana:

I thought I had read a couple years ago about them changing the lights there. Are you telling me they're just now getting around to it?

Jim, that was his Mama's thinking, we have a little time.

 

Great - let me know if there is anything we can do to help.:thumb:

I thought I had read a couple years ago about them changing the lights there. Are you telling me they're just now getting around to it?

 

I don't remember the exact details, but I know it was all about money. It is no shock to me that they're just getting around to it (but I never thought the lights were as bad as many have stated - not being a homer, either, I honestly never thought they were a problem until after reading comments from other posters so long ago).

I was there for a playoff game this year and the lights didn't seem to be a problem

CAL played there 2 years ago, they where the worst lights I had ever seen. We had a hard time following the ball the lights were so dim.

I thought I had read a couple years ago about them changing the lights there. Are you telling me they're just now getting around to it?

 

As I recall, Manual had the funds set aside ($6,000.00) and their gym developed a leak in the roof and they had to spend the money on roof repairs! :ohbrother: Poor old Manual, couldn't get an Alumnus to fork over the $6,000.00. I mean a phone call to Sherman Lewis or Keenan Burton wouldn't help? :cry: Of course many of the past head coaches used the dimness as a home-field advantage.:D Of course this may have backfired a time or two. Maybe that's how a Trinity receiver found himself so wide open in the late stages of a game.....the Crimsons lost him in the shadows.:thumb:

 

My goodness, no way was Principal Keepers going to take the funds from another stash. Of course, she had been reallocating funds meant for stadium upkeep and using them to upgrade technology at the school in general. This was at her discretion, and there were barely enough funds to pay for gas for grass cutting during the summer. My source? I'll simply say they resided extremely close to the field.:banana:

 

I am thrilled Manual has seen the light and replaced the lights!!!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.