Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville minus Macon...

Featured Replies

So, with the transfer of Leonard Macon to Taylor Co, who will step up next year and be the go to receiver? Can anyone take the place of a 6'5" target? Anyone roaming the halls that should give it a shot to be the next big play guy for the Admirals???????????

IMO not a big loss. The ADS will be fine.

 

I agree.. with his frame and ability, if he worked harder he would be a force but Danville is much better without his lack of discipline.

Keep telling yourself that...I saw him play against Russellville, a pretty darn good team, and he was a man among boys, and that includes Danville's whole team. Didn't look like he lacked any motivation that night.

Keep telling yourself that...I saw him play against Russellville, a pretty darn good team, and he was a man among boys, and that includes Danville's whole team. Didn't look like he lacked any motivation that night.

 

One game doesn't explain the attitude and work ethic in practice and other games throughout the whole season. I think it is more beneficial for both Danville and for the exposure of Leonard that he transferred to Taylor County.

High School Defenses had to disign plans to take Macon away, as the Pros do for Randy Moss. I do not know much about his off the field behavior that needs to be modified; however, I do know that he makes plays of Friday Nights. Good luck to the Admirals, and to Mr. Macon.

I'm with coachbucket on this one. I couldn't believe UK offered him as sophomore, and I don't know what grade you have to be in to commit, but he should've jumped on that offer. We always played him straight man to man and he didn't cause us to many problems and he was a liabilty on defense. I think the basketball team will miss him much more than the football team.

Was Macon the go to receiver last season?

Was Macon the go to receiver last season?

 

The game I saw #3 looked a lot better than Macon.

Well, either way, I'm sure the Taylor Co. coaches are salivating over the possibilities with him...

Im sure thats just one more hassle Coach Harp doesnt have the deal with. You dont build that caliber of a program by pouting over a lost player.

Im sure thats just one more hassle Coach Harp doesnt have the deal with. You dont build that caliber of a program by pouting over a lost player.

 

Sam Harp's history has shown he will take hard stands (Macon this year, Da Da Walker in '89) and his program is built on the Admirals not a player. I've always thought he is one of the best in KY at keeping a Top program Tops over the decades.

It's not close to football season yet. I still think we may see Macon back at Danville for his senior year.

I saw Danville twice last year, and at no point did I see Danville's opposition focusing on Macon as the key to stopping Danville. He's a great talent with his size and athleticism, but as was mentioned earlier in this thread, he doesn't really work hard to get the ball (at least not from what I saw).

 

I don't think losing him makes Danville any less of a contender in 2A next year, given the strong junior class that is returning.

I think the basketball team will miss him much more than the football team.

 

 

My thoughts exactly. He was averaging 20 pts/17 rebounds per game this year with the Ads. I wish him well at Taylor County but am not worried in the least about next year's football team w/o him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.