Paducah Tilghman 36 Henry County 13 (3A)

swamprat

According to some folks that made the trip this was a 23-13 game late in the third into the early 4th quarter. HC lost their top runnin back after the 1st TD drive to open the 2nd half with a concussion and two other running backs within the next 5 min (ankle sprain and rib injury), apparantly this forced them to be more one dimensional than normal. HC threw a pick that was returned for a TD to put this one away in the 4th. I was told HC never gave up and played PT very tough. I think they proved they belonged in this ball game. :thumb:

:ylsuper: Hello pigskin purveyors, 'Ol Leonard Post Toasties here reporting for sadly the last time this year on Henry County. Made the way too long a trip to Paducah and ran into a blinding tornado. Defense forced five fumbles and recovered four, but the "O" couldn't capitalize. Had some important injuries, too. Cats never folded the tent and that will bode well for them in the near future. They graduate just six seniors from a 9-4 season. They played there way into a good year after a 2-2 start. It says here that H.C. will be a force in class 3A in 2008. They are closer than even they thought. Good off season coupled with a new field house and who knows maybe some transfers wanting to come aboard and this thing is ready for liftoff. Look for them to make some loud noise next season. So for now its back to the weight room to get bigger and stronger. Me and Percy will be checking in on them from time to time makin' sure its all good. Good luck to those teams remaining and ever' body have a safe and happy holiday season. Got to get the grease gun out and winterize the 'ol smart pill machine for another campaign. You 'bout ready to go Percy, get me outta' here.

Henry County still has quite a ways to go to become "a force in Class 3A." They benefitted from four turnovers, yet still could only post 13 points because they couldn't move the ball for much of the night. Tilghman is a solid 3A team, but hardly a dominant one.

Not to the extent that Tilghman's region was this year ...

Yes, look at the scores from the regions. You're telling me that Trinity, X, Central, Frankfort, LCA, Lone Oak, Owensboro, and Highlands didn't have a watered down region comparatively? The scores of the ball games indicate differently.

I thought I did. When you compare scores.
If you are referring to this post:

Yes, look at the scores from the regions. You're telling me that Trinity, X, Central, Frankfort, LCA, Lone Oak, Owensboro, and Highlands didn't have a watered down region comparatively? The scores of the ball games indicate differently.
Those are hardly valid comparisons. Scores don't always tell the tale.

Trinity had to beat a top-five team in Henry Clay last week. St. Xavier had Manual (#3 in the BGP rankings) in their own district. Central had Elizabethtown, a top-10 team, in their district.

Frankfort beat a top-five team in Mayfield last week. Lexington Christian beat Pikeville, a top-10 team. Owensboro beat a Christian County team that was ranked earlier this year in the district, then beat an Oldham County club that had just beaten unbeaten and ranked (but overrated) Anderson County. Highlands had two top-10 teams in their own district.

Tilghman didn't have a team that even sniffed the top 10 in their region.

Just goes to show that ratings are trash as none of those were close. Henry Co. was ranked top 10 earlier this season and finished at 12 but that didn't matter. So you must use scores and show they are comparable since ratings obviously hold no water as to how a team will perform.