Hoover High coach resigns...

stickymitts

Far be it from me to interject a few facts into this argument, but did any of you actually read the report?

I did and all of the infractions were committed by either over zealous school administrators or untenured teachers who wanted to be hired back the following year. Whether the guy has two families is a moral issue for sure, but legally it is irrelevant. The only thing remotely shady was the fact that he ran football camps and used the school facilities without reimbursing the school. There was nothing in the schools or BOE's by-laws that restrict him from doing so. Once again, it was perfectly legal.

I also felt that based on the MTV show the guy was crooked, and if the truth be known he probably is, but to try and use the impropriaties discovered at the school to depose the coach doesn't hold water with me.

The report and it's findings are readily available on the net. I myself found it by using a link in one of the other Hoover High thread.

Read and let me know if I missed something. ;)

BTW - 93,000 for a football only coach in Alabama or Texas is far from unheard of. They take it much more serious down there then we do.

Far be it from me to interject a few facts into this argument, but did any of you actually read the report?

I did and all of the infractions were committed by either over zealous school administrators or untenured teachers who wanted to be hired back the following year. Whether the guy has two families is a moral issue for sure, but legally it is irrelevant. The only thing remotely shady was the fact that he ran football camps and used the school facilities without reimbursing the school. There was nothing in the schools or BOE's by-laws that restrict him from doing so. Once again, it was perfectly legal.

I also felt that based on the MTV show the guy was crooked, and if the truth be known he probably is, but to try and use the impropriaties discovered at the school to depose the coach doesn't hold water with me.

The report and it's findings are readily available on the net. I myself found it by using a link in one of the other Hoover High thread.

Read and let me know if I missed something. ;)

BTW - 93,000 for a football only coach in Alabama or Texas is far from unheard of. They take it much more serious down there then we do.

Interesting insight. I will read that report and see if I come to the same conclusion. :cool: