Question for Beechwood fans

GoBigRed

I was looking through the Beechwood roster on the enquirer site and I noticed that there were no freshman listed on the site. Does Beechwood not dress out freshman on their team or were they just not included on this roster?

Do any NKY schools dress their FROSH?

In the "old" NKY class A , NCC, Beechwood, and Holy Cross did not but I think the others did.

NCC generally has 50-55 (57 this year) Sophs, JR. SRs similar to Beechwood and Holy Cross maybe 40-45.

I don't think Newport or Lloyd did and none of the "old" 3A or 4A (now 5A/6A)schools did.

Wow, I am counting 52 players from soph to senior, thats an awesome turnout for football. Mayfield has less and thats freshman included. There would be a lot of 4A - 5A schools pleased with that turnout!!

Since the season has officially started, there are actually 43 V players.

Do they have a FROSH team? If so, do these boys that play varsity also play FROSH ball?

No Freshman team but they do have a JV Team and yes sometimes they play JV also. Injuries to upperclassmen have made more playing time available to the Freshman.

The troubles of small school football.

I don't really see it as a "trouble" but more of an "opportunity". Look at Mayfield this year, we have our senior QB injured and out for almost a couple of games and that allows our freshman QB to step in there and get valuable playing time and it worked out great!! Now Mayfield has kids that will have played all 4 years, you just don't get that in a bigger school.