Lone Oak 34 Calloway County 28

Westsider: apologies for attributing the time management to someone else. Wasn't going to blow this up fully on this thread, but you asked, so now feel compelled to put the issue out.

Question for BP posters: What would happen at your field and with your fans and players if an opposing player ran to midfield and stuck their school flag in your logo after a hotly-contested overtime loss? This after the visiting team refused to shake hands after the game. This is exactly what happened after the Lone Oak - Calloway game Friday night.

It was not a "sue them" issue, as you smartly referred to. It was very nearly a courtroom brawl right on the field until Calloway's coaching staff stepped in. And, I'm sure CC's players and coaches won't take it lightly next time they meet anywhere.

I was there and I saw the aftermath of the game. My take on it ...

Lone Oak was celebrating on the field and didn't immediately file into the handshake line. Calloway County's players, as I saw it, chose not to wait until the celebration was over and headed to the locker room.

Is that a refusal to shake hands? If you choose to interpret it that way, I suppose you can. Frankly, I think you're choosing to make an issue out of something that doesn't have to amount to anything.

As for the flag? I saw a student carrying one around ... not a player. As for who planted it? Who cares ... laugh and move on.

Calloway didn't need to score any more pts late in the game, they had a 28-21 lead. All they had to do was get a 1st down or two & the time would have expired. Calloway coach had his players leave the field during the celebration that is why the teams didn't shake hands. As for the flag at mid-field, I don't necessarily agree with it but I kinda like it. If Calloway beats us in a rematch, they can put their flag on our mid-field