Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY Basketball Officials

Featured Replies

I hope I don't get fined for saying this like NBA coaches and players, but the officiating wasn't nearly fair. I am one who can see both ways, but this game definately gave a home-court advantage. I know there have been many games this year I have seen officiating liberally call for one team. Why is this a common thing in Kentucky High School basketball? Officials should allow the kids to play but allow the calls be even. Let the same fouls be fouls on both ends. I have witnessed games where one team receives a foul in my opinion "touch foul" and the other team receives a foul in my opinion a "mugging". Whether a team is good or bad, officiating can determine a game. It may not be in every case, the results may be different. A team may only get beat 10 points instead of 40 points if the officiating was fair or a team could get beat 40 points instead of 10 points if the officating was fair. I have seen this very prevalent in the 16 Region myself. In the 16th region, the home team for the most part receives all the calls. There a lot of times the fouls that are not called are the ones that the cost the game. How could this problem be corrected by the post-season or next year.?

which game are you referring to??

  • Author

My team I root for went to a Christmas tournament away and just not the games my team played in but the others games that played before or after us. I seen several out-of-state teams experience terrible officiating in the tournament; especially when they were playing a KY team. Then the local teams of the tournament would get better calls than the away KY teams. Every time a team in the 16th region plays on the road, the calls are definately not even. Thats including the fouls that are not made and fairly from "mugging to touch fouls". Seems like it is very prevalent in every game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.