RB Nasir Clay 194 yards 

WR Lukas McDaniels 580 yards 4 TDS/177 yards 3 TDS rushing

Key Returning Players

QB Raymond Cornish 1626 yards 21 TDS 4 INTS

WR Larron Westmoreland 504 yards 5 TDS

TE Cameron McDaniels 445 yards 8 TDS

RB Jadon Logan 87 yards 1 TD

2024 Outlook

The Chargers had the biggest turn around from one season to the next that I have ever witnessed. In 2022 they went 0-10 and then last year turned it completely around to the tune of a 9-2 season. So now comes the tough part as last year they may have surprised and snuck up on teams but this year will now have the target on their back. They do have a lot back and it starts with a very good QB in Raymond Cornish and some very skilled WR/TE in Larron Westmoreland and Cameron McDaniels. The biggest challenge will be replacing a very good RB in Kaden Ruff and that should be done with a young committee I would imagine starting with Jadon Logan. I am very interested to see how this plays out for Jeffersontown this year and if they can take that next step and win a playoff game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will be interesting to follow. There has been a number of Jefferson County Public School teams in Class 4A and 5A over the last 20 years that had one winning season and then immediately fell back. Only Fairdale has sustained much success within that group. If Jeffersontown can continue its forward progress, I believe it would be beneficial for the school and school district.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

This will be interesting to follow. There has been a number of Jefferson County Public School teams in Class 4A and 5A over the last 20 years that had one winning season and then immediately fell back. Only Fairdale has sustained much success within that group. If Jeffersontown can continue its forward progress, I believe it would be beneficial for the school and school district.

Coaching stability at the top is the key / issue.  Fairdale has sustained because Louis Dover has been there for 8 or 9 years.   Don’t forget, his best record in his first 3 years there was 4-7.  The issue with the other JCPS 4A & 5A programs (Doss, Valley, Western, Seneca, now Butler, etc.) is they get a new head coach every 2 or 3 years.  You used to be able to throw Atherton in that conversation as well but Coach Nino White has been there for five years now & that program is starting to turn the corner.

• Like 2