Mayfield 53 Owensboro Catholic 48 (2A State Championship)

theguru

First hats off to OC they played a heck of a game. But Mayfield, got to give it to you. As someone has already said Mayfield has played 3 caliber state championship teams within 3 weeks and yes it was obvious that Mayfield and their FANS was running on fumes and if you throw in the Murray game that's actually 4 helluva teams. Congrats to Mayfield very well deserved...

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, DaTruth said:

First hats off to OC they played a heck of a game. But Mayfield, got to give it to you. As someone has already said Mayfield has played 3 caliber state championship teams within 3 weeks and yes it was obvious that Mayfield and their FANS was running on fumes and if you throw in the Murray game that's actually 4 helluva teams. Congrats to Mayfield very well deserved...

Definitely earned every bit of that Championships. Congrats Mayfield!

• Like 2

In the shadow of Atwell people are not talking enough about Carrico. Perhaps the most underrated player in the state? He now has the record for most TD catches in a season. 331 yards and 3 TD's against Mayfield's defense and they knew he was the one player they needed to stop!?! Come on now. Give the young man what he is due!

• Like 10

I apologize for raining on the Cards’ parade but I need to ask if they will be down some next year?  They lose Cartwright, Starks, Biggers, Dumas.  And I think another key WR.  Will they still be a state title contender in 2024?  Such an awesome program so maybe there is talent waiting in the wings.  

1 hour ago, D Wolf said:

I apologize for raining on the Cards’ parade but I need to ask if they will be down some next year?  They lose Cartwright, Starks, Biggers, Dumas.  And I think another key WR.  Will they still be a state title contender in 2024?  Such an awesome program so maybe there is talent waiting in the wings.  

Mayfield will need to reload but they always reload. They will be in the mix next year. They do have a lot to replace but they have players ready to step up for their turn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D Wolf said:

Mayfield is blessed to have some unreal younger classes at the moment and you can never count them out. This is a question for another day and thread for now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In the shadow of Atwell people are not talking enough about Carrico. Perhaps the most underrated player in the state? He now has the record for most TD catches in a season. 331 yards and 3 TD's against Mayfield's defense and they knew he was the one player they needed to stop!?! Come on now. Give the young man what he is due!

Carrico should also finish at #2 all time in receiving yards in a season at just under 2,000 receiving yards.

His 331 receiving yards in the game are #4 all time in a game - and he did it in the title game!

• Like 3