Lexington Christian Academy at Raceland Predictions/Updates 

Eagles vs. Rams  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

83dgk1.thumb.jpg.893895c2a4610482947cb58520c4553b.jpg

Mr. Football Front-runners Visit Raceland In A Battle Of #1s

Records: LCA (8-1) | Raceland (7-2)

BGP Rankings: LCA (#1 in 2A) | Raceland (#1 in 1A)

Week 10 Results: LCA beat Washington County | Raceland beat Nicholas County 

Series History: LCA leads 12-3 all-time 

Teaser Preview: Fresh off of demolishing their respective districts, former rivals meet for the first time in thirteen years in one of Week 11's marquee games.

The Eagles and Rams parted ways in 2010 with LCA holding the upper hand, winners of five straight in the series. They meet again as top ranked peers.

It's common to see the stretch of US-23 that runs through Raceland lined with cars on Friday nights, the watchful eyes of frugal fans and passers-by observing from afar.

Cutter Boley may pack the fringes of Ram Stadium like never before. The UK commit is arguably the biggest prospect to ever play there. And he's bringing friends, namely fellow Mr. Football contender Brady Hensley. 

This will be the greatest challenge faced by a strong Rams defense, headed up by linebackers Jaxon Heighton and Noah Wallace. They play fast and hit with ill intent.

Raceland has been humbled once this year on its home turf, losing a forty point shutout to Highlands. They'll fight like mad to prevent a sequel, but LCA wields a mighty pen.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bluto said:

I believe that Raceland will win the "concessions" battle. Best tasting food I've ever had at a high school game.

And VERY gracious hosts.

2 hours ago, Paul Dean said:

Will the concessions win give them a boost in the RPI??

You know, it just might. Everything else is thrown into the magic number, or not, depending on which team you follow.

RPI nachos please, and a small Coke, no wait... a burger, hold on...

smart-beautiful-mind.gif

• Haha 1

I always expect Raceland to show up and compete. It's seldom you get a mental no-show from the Rams. I do, however, think they're physically outgunned here by LCA.

We know what Boley and Hensley can do, but I can see Raceland getting worked at the line of scrimmage.

The trenches haven't exactly been a strength of the Rams in their biggest games. Against Highlands, Pikeville, and Ashland, they averaged about 3 yards per carry and gave up quite a few plays in the backfield. 

LCA's defensive front is the most physically gifted Raceland will see this season. Hardge, in particular, could pose big problems.