Trinity 29 Center Grove (IN) 28 (2OT)

theguru

2 minutes ago, NLTanker1 said:

Reminiscent of the first 2 years against Warren Central (IN).

T won 42-41

WC won 42-41

But also similar to St. X (OH) last year, 33-32.

Rocks showed a lot of fight tonight. The D played great, and McLaughlin, my gosh son!

Louisville needs to get McLaughlin. They need a good kicker.

24 minutes ago, Glider said:

From what I heard Center Grove lost this game more than Trinity won. I hate to even say this in a double OT thriller. Either way congrats to the rocks. 

I strongly disagree. The Rocks defense and special teams won this game outright.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Glider said:

From what I heard Center Grove lost this game more than Trinity won. I hate to even say this in a double OT thriller. Either way congrats to the rocks. 

From what I saw it looked like two pretty equal teams slugging it out. 

I loved Trinity’s effort and defensive toughness. The kicker and punter are weapons that you usually do not see in high school. Both can boom it. Trinity lacks a playmaker outside of the QB. However, starting to see one emerge at WR. The passing game is improving. The running game doesn’t have edge speed but they can slip through the line.

Holding this team back is coaching. Get the play in! They constantly take too long to get the play in. Defense gets to rest, get set and read personnel.

Quit using hand signals, if we can read the indicators, so can the other sideline.

Once inside the 30, play calling gets basic. Settle for field goals. When it’s 3rd and 8 the play call cannot be off tackle to the middle of the field every time. Sure you have a great place kicker but you eventually need TD’s.

Did not even attempt to pass before going on 4th and 1 at the end of the game. Should have won it in regulation, several times.

I know Coach Cobb is a great guy but this program is too big for him and most of his staff.

Trinity should always be doing a national search for a coach.

GO ROCKS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fatsnbul said:

I loved Trinity’s effort and defensive toughness. The kicker and punter are weapons that you usually do not see in high school. Both can boom it. Trinity lacks a playmaker outside of the QB. However, starting to see one emerge at WR. The passing game is improving. The running game doesn’t have edge speed but they can slip through the line.

Holding this team back is coaching. Get the play in! They constantly take too long to get the play in. Defense gets to rest, get set and read personnel.

Quit using hand signals, if we can read the indicators, so can the other sideline.

Once inside the 30, play calling gets basic. Settle for field goals. When it’s 3rd and 8 the play call cannot be off tackle to the middle of the field every time. Sure you have a great place kicker but you eventually need TD’s.

Did not even attempt to pass before going on 4th and 1 at the end of the game. Should have won it in regulation, several times.

I know Coach Cobb is a great guy but this program is too big for him and most of his staff.

Trinity should always be doing a national search for a coach.

GO ROCKS!

I agree on all points. 

However I will say that I "temporarily" retract my previous grievances towards Coach Cobb. He made absolute gutsy calls that played out. I commend his tenacity for those. He is one of the best defensive guys in the state. His record at DC shows that.

These kids, like week 1 against Carmel, showed a ton of heart and unwillingness to quit. 

The offense is lackluster. But is learning and growing every week. At some point however, they're going to have to "open the playbook". Relying on the QBs legs consistently is going to hurt them at some point. 

Back on the road to LaSalle next week. They're loss tonight though is somewhat encouraging for me.

GO ROCKS

• Like 1