Hendersonville (TN) 28 South Warren 22

Spartans lose a close one. South jumped out to a 10-0 to start the game, but I believe were trailing 14-10 at the half.

I think there were some back and forth lead changes. I know South had the ball with about 3 minutes left, but failed to score to take the lead.

Second year in a row Hendersonville has gotten the better of South Warren.

I would look for South to remove them from the schedule as soon as the contract is up.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DevilMayCare said:

Couldn't resist taking that little dig, could you? 😂

Ha! I’m really not kidding though.

I really think they won’t sign a new contract once this one is up. And it may be up, don’t know how long they signed for.

1 minute ago, Killowatt59 said:

Ha! I’m really not kidding though.

I really think they won’t sign a new contract once this one is up. And it may be up, don’t know how long they signed for.

I would keep playing them if I was South Warren.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I would keep playing them if I was South Warren.

Agree didn’t hurt them too much losing to Hendersonville last season  won state. Keep playing see if you can beat ‘em one year.

• Like 3

South has lost only five games in their last 51 played. Three of those losses are to Bowling Green, who they’ve also beaten four times in that span. The other two are to Hendersonville. It’s a bit bizarre. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DragonFire said:

South has lost only five games in their last 51 played. Three of those losses are to Bowling Green, who they’ve also beaten four times in that span. The other two are to Hendersonville. It’s a bit bizarre. 

When the majority of your opponents are the non powerhouse 3A and 4A schools you can get that kind of record.

Scheduling wins is not hard.

I think a lot of people underestimated Hendersonville because that lost so badly Oakland. But there isn’t a team in the state of Kentucky that would within 21 points of Oakland and that includes trinity, male or st.x. South should keep playing them or other powerhouses out of state imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

When the majority of your opponents are the non powerhouse 3A and 4A schools you can get that kind of record.

I’ve been pretty hard on their schedule in the past as well, but as you’ve mentioned previously, you kinda can’t deny the results for the program. They’ve won two state titles in that timespan, and probably win another if not for Bowling Green stopping them in 2020. 

I would like to see them step up and play an X, or Trinity, etc. I think it’s the next logical step for the program. 

7 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

They’ve won three state titles in seven years. It seems to be working. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Footballmania said:

I think a lot of people underestimated Hendersonville because that lost so badly Oakland. But there isn’t a team in the state of Kentucky that would within 21 points of Oakland and that includes trinity, male or st.x. South should keep playing them or other powerhouses out of state imo.

I think it’s a great game. And I’d like to see them venture out and play in state schools like  St. X,Male, Fredrick Douglas, Lexington Catholic, Cov. Cath, Trinity, Owensboro, Boyle County, and or some more Louisville teams.

• Like 1