Bardstown at Glasgow Predictions/Updates

Tigers vs. Scotties  

30 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:00 AM

5u2ae5.thumb.jpg.949940ae58b39c2290280bbcf6512a82.jpg

Tigers and Scotties set sights on quarterfinal win and beyond

Records: Bardstown (12-0), Glasgow (11-1)

BGP Ranking: Bardstown (#2 in 3A), Glasgow (#3 n 3A)

Series History: Glasgow leads 6-5 dating back to 1998

Table Setter: The term "statement win" gets tossed around pretty liberally throughout the season. Some occasions are more appropriate than others. Glasgow's running clock demolition of underrated, top 10 ranked Taylor County last week qualifies as a statement win at this juncture. They got it done the way they have all year: without relying on one or two players to make things happen. There are playmakers all over the field. The Scotties have won eleven games in a row, second best streak in 3A after….

Bardstown has cruised to an unblemished 12-0 mark this year behind the stellar play of quarterback Brady Clark. The Mr. Football watchlist regular has been aces all season, throwing the ball at a high level every week and running effectively when needed. The Tigers are far from a one man show, but there's no denying who's the straw that stirs their drink. Tyleeq Williams and TJ Greenwell provide Clark with a pair of athletes capable of hurting you via the run or pass. Shannon Tonge is his favorite target and one of the most productive receivers in 3A.

This is the biggest matchup in 3A this week, by far. Bardstown and Glasgow would make for a great state final, let alone a quarterfinal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tigers and Scotties set sights on quarterfinal win and beyond Records: Bardstown (12-0), Glasgow (11-1) BGP Ranking: Bardstown (#2 in 3A), Glasgow (#3 n 3A) Series History: Glasgow lead

Did someone mention BBQ?

Riblickers.

Posted Images

A fantastic matchup, worthy of a region final. A month ago I would have said Glasgow had a clear edge due to Bardstown being suspect vs. the run. However, since the return of a few key injured starters, the Tiger run D has been lights out. This game could come down to special teams, and the Tigers have gotten a recent shot in the arm from both the men’s, and women’s, soccer teams.

• Thanks 1

I saw both of these teams play against Franklin-Simpson. FS gained a lot of yards against an injury-depleted Bardstown defense, but still only scored two touchdowns. After a slow start for Bardstown, FS wound up having no answers for them on defense once the Tigers got going offensively. FS played probably its best game of the year in a last minute loss to Glasgow. FS had two long TD drives against the Scotties but couldn’t really get close to the end zone otherwise. FS defense held up well but gave out in the fourth quarter as Glasgow scored twice in the last few minutes. Glasgow was without 2 or 3 of their fastest running backs in that game though. 

I think the injury situation may make the difference. It sounds like Bardstown is healthier now and Glasgow is still missing some key players. I’m pulling for Glasgow but I think Bardstown will win by a touchdown or two. 

• Like 1

I don’t think Bardstown has played anyone this year near as good as Glasgow. And Glasgow probably hasn’t played anyone as balanced as Bardstown except maybe Woodford but I don’t think the Tigers are near as good as the Yellowjackets are. Glasgow must prepare for BT balance but I think BT must prepare for Glasgow’s physicality. Keiron Stockton at 6-3 and 225 is a flat out beast for the Scotties and has some speed when he gets in the open field. I think this will be an extremely tight game with someone losing a heartbreaker. All this being said I’m going with the Scotties 35-28.

On paper, these two teams are closely matched.  Glasgow is missing two key players and Bardstown is close to full strength now.  To me a major advantage Bardstown has is the play of QB Brady Clark.  He has had a great season thus far and shows tremendous leadership.  Key running backs in TJ Greenwell and TyTy Washington.  Both have great speed and can pick them up and lay them down.  On the receiving side, Shannon Tongue and Yared Raley provide TD threats on any play along with Greenwell and Washington.  Special teams are solid.  On the defensive side of the ball, Bardstown has gotten better and better.  Question is can they shut down the running game of Glasgow?  Scotties do not throw the ball often.  And another key factor is which team makes less mistakes.  All of that said, it is all about who comes out of the gate ready to roll!!!  Game is in Glasgow.  

What is the name of the BBQ place down there that gets rave reviews? I ate there pregame when we were there in 2018 and thought it was great, but can’t remember the name.

8 hours ago, Hearsay said:

What is the name of the BBQ place down there that gets rave reviews? I ate there pregame when we were there in 2018 and thought it was great, but can’t remember the name.

Riblickers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think these two teams have somewhat of a mini-rivalry.  Both independent school districts, demographically very similar, also very similar on academic performance benchmarks.  Enrollment similar, From 2019-2020 numbers, Bardstown the 143rd largest school with 634 enrollment, Glasgow is 153rd with 567 kids.  Former Tiger head coach Joey Downs, who got his start at Glasgow, had great success vs. the Scotties, going 5-1 against them from 98-06, including 21-0 over them in the semi-state game during the Tigers undefeated campaign in 2001.  David Clark is 0-5 against them since he has been a head coach, including getting knocked out of the second round of the 2A playoffs in 2011 and 2012, as well as the last matchup, a regular season game in 2018 the Scotties won 19-7. He will try to get over that hump on Friday night.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, FSfan said:

I saw both of these teams play against Franklin-Simpson. FS gained a lot of yards against an injury-depleted Bardstown defense, but still only scored two touchdowns. After a slow start for Bardstown, FS wound up having no answers for them on defense once the Tigers got going offensively. FS played probably its best game of the year in a last minute loss to Glasgow. FS had two long TD drives against the Scotties but couldn’t really get close to the end zone otherwise. FS defense held up well but gave out in the fourth quarter as Glasgow scored twice in the last few minutes. Glasgow was without 2 or 3 of their fastest running backs in that game though. 

I think the injury situation may make the difference. It sounds like Bardstown is healthier now and Glasgow is still missing some key players. I’m pulling for Glasgow but I think Bardstown will win by a touchdown or two. 

Do the Scotties use a two-headed QB attack? It looks like Myers plays more but Easton Jessie throws it more?

Glasgow was 3 of 5 passing for 39 yards last week.  For the season, 64/100 and 87 yds. per game.  Passed for 1214 yards on the season.  Looks like their passing game is not emphasized much.  Numbers indicate a hard nosed running team. 3012 total yards for 215 per game and a 1000 yard back.  Total Offense for the season is 4226 yards.

On the other hand, here are the Bardstown offensive numbers.  Brady Clark is 143 of 207 for 2544 yards on the season which is 212 yards per game.  Four excellent receivers to go to.  Clark spreads the ball all around.  The season running game is 283 rushing attempts for 2592 yards.  Average 185 yards per game. Two fantastic running backs with other options.  Total offense for the season is 5136 yards.  

Should be a good matchup.  Numbers say it is Bardstown's game to win.  As a coach, I know that you put numbers behind you when the whistle blows and you play the best you can that game.  Kids must play their best when their best is needed most. And they cannot take any team for granted.  I do not think BHS will take the Scotties for granted.  Look forward to seeing the Tigers keep their winning streak alive as they continue full steam ahead on this journey.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Do the Scotties use a two-headed QB attack? It looks like Myers plays more but Easton Jessie throws it more?

If I’m remembering it correctly, Jessie #5 played most of the game when Glasgow was mostly running.  #19 Myers came in when it was a passing situation. I may have the two players confused but I do remember them changing quarterbacks and wondering if the other had gotten injured or something. Seems like they use a different QB on obvious passing downs.